Not so fun in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

Last night I had an unscheduled helicopter trip to Las Vegas.

I had a stroke, lost vision in my left eye and was babbling gibbsrish, ( like usual ).

The hospital in LHC gave me avery strong medicine to thin the blood and dissolve the blood clot in my brain. It worked apparently and they medivaced me to Las Vegas.

I have had 3 CAT scans, an EEG, ultrasounds, and they wanted to do a MRI but my cardioverter would not allow it. In the morning they are putting me to sleep to do a heart procedure.

When life gets a little dull and routine, things have a way of getting exciting.

New development. Now they say that they can do the MRI but they have to fly in someone to reprogram the cardioverter before the MRI and it will take 2 days. Not sure I can stand to mre days on this uncomfortable gurneys in ICU.

I am not sure what an MRI will add to the mystery.

Sorry to hear that Bill, hope the planned procedure sorts it all out. Fingers and toes all crossed.

In November they did a scan on me to look for clots before they did my cardioversion (#10 or 11 in the last 4 1/2 years)

They has me wrapped like a cocoon and my feet were located where the copilot would have been. I was wrapped and strapped in laying horizontal. Not a fun ride.

I am doing much better now. Just talked with Jackie and Steve on the phone.

They just arrived in Benson AZ for a week.

There are days when "May you live in interesting times" is a good thing.. and other days when it's not. At least the hospitals in Vegas are top rate... So here are my wishes for a full, and swift, recovery.

I understand one of the test was a brain scan and they found nothing. Just kidding. Just trying to cheer you up a little. Good luck Bill with all your tests. We’re praying for a speedy recovery.

I just went through a bunch of drama requiring much use of all kinds of expensive machines. I collapsed in the RV park and was transported to emergency, then a ward for 5 days while they did all their tests.

The good news is you are in the hospital and they got you. The other good news is if they do things right you'll know more about your condition than ever before.

Then it's up to you to do what the docs say. So sorry you got struck like this. Better days are coming...

And here we were all hoping for a boring uneventful 2022. Obey the doctors and get healthy quickest ❤️

Prayers for a speedy recovery. I'm surprised you didn't grab the joy stick and show them proper flying techniques. Follow Dr orders, it will get you out of there the quickest (y)

I'll bet they didn't let you fly the bird either!

The MRI will give them a much finer picture of your brain. Almost down to a cellular level. In the course of my cancer treatments I had several. (I would have to study my medical record for hours to figure out all the different scans I've had).

That they're having a hard time finding the damage is really good news. I would interpret that as meaning that the TPA worked and dissolved the clot before it did any permanent damage.

Here's hoping your stay there is as boring as it could be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom