Not so fun in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to hear they got to the root of the problem and you are home. Hopefully they will do the repair soon. X

I had AFIB years ago. My heart at times would start beating like crazy. They went up into my heart with a scope thru my groin area. They said there is a wall between two sections of my heart. That wall had a hole in it and the electrical impulses were going from one side to the other causing my problem. They sealed up the hole by cordorizing it and I’ve been great since. Sounds a little bit like your situation Bill. Good luck with whatever they do.

Bill just popped in to wish you a speedy recovery.

I'm sure you got some "Done Good" Karma credits built up for the time you flying thru Hell plucking out troops from the those Hot LZ Vietnam.

Keep your thoughts positive in your recovery.

You may just be that 1 in a 1,00,000 guy with the 100% recovery.

Why Not?

You are still in the game!

Positive thoughts sent for you, Brother.

JD

Those of us who live alone need to plan for emergencies. I keep a single sheet of paper displayed in a prominent place in my motorhome and in my purse in case I am taken to an emergency room and can only drool, as you mentioned. It gives my medical history, information about my current meds, and my insurance information. It also gives contact information for my sons and my current doctors.
Having lived alone on the RV park for 10 months before my collapse I learned a few things.

1 - Most every phone has an "Emergency Call" function. On mine if you add contacts to the "emergency call" group anyone can make two way phone calls to those numbers with the phone locked. On mine you can also enter a brief medical history and a list of meds you take.

2 - EMT and first responders are training to look for contact info on the refrigerator. I now keep a copy of this there. Judy - you sound like yours is pretty comprehensive and complete.

3 - Keep two copies of your contact list in your wallet/purse - I shrunk my down to a small font and used a piece of iron on laminating paper to laminate them. At this tim the Sheriff took my paper contact list, called down the list and could only raise my brother - I never saw this one and only list again.

He called my step-mom who started spreading the word. My sister called my phone. The park owner could not answer but got the phone number from the screen and called back. Even when I was conscious and could use the hospital phone, I had no one's number committed to memory and did not have my paper list from my wallet. Eventually my sister was able to call through to the hospital and they routed the call to my room.

4 - As many of us are transient, it is always important to have someone local who can help you out. I eventually had the park owner come and get me for discharge. My brother did not arrive for another day. You can also set up a person to have authority to approve care even if that is over the phone. I have my sister now designated for that.

5 - After my discharge and before my brother arrived I asked my RV park neighbor to be prepared to call 911 and my emergency contacts if I had a relapse at night or while the park owner was not around.

When you have an event, you can't overcommunicate or have a plan that is too thick.

One thing I forgot to mention. Along with the new medical emergency device I recently bought, I got the kind of device realtors use to hide keys so people can get into your home to show it. I put a key in it and taped it to the wall of my utility/sewer compartment because it is the only one that I never lock. It has a combination that the medical device people can give to emergency personnel so they can unlock my door instead of breaking in.

I have also given this combination to both of my sons and listed them as emergency contacts.

It is the front driver's door and ignition key, so if I am ever hospitalized and my rig needs to be moved, I can give the code to a responsible person.

Basically, I do not want to be the person that is found dead sitting in their chair or in bed after several days of no one being able to contact them. Can't cover everything, but am doing the best I can.

Basically, I do not want to be the person that is found dead sitting in their chair or in bed after several days of no one being able to contact them. Can't cover everything, but am doing the best I can.
One of our park residents is a lady in her early 80's.

Long story short, she fell out of bed between the bed and the wall and got jammed in there. Her phone was out of reach and she was stuck.

She ultimately spent 12 hours there until a passer by heard her banging on the wall. The RV park owner and 2 guys threaded bedsheets under her to lift her out.

The park owner always goes the extra mile. I told him he should have called 911 to get her out. If she had already been injured or they injured her it could have been a liability mess.

The Park owner did read the "remote son" the riot act. Basically saying the RV park is not a rest home and he needs to do daily wellness checks on her and figure out how she is gonna be cared for as she gets less and less mobile. She also has a good relationship with a lady a couple of rigs down and they have a wellness check rhythm as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom