Now Proud owner of ONE Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Not everyone knows the saga, but last September Dougie and Mags Brown showed up in Yellowstone with a motorhome to sell.  We were thinking about getting bigger and everything fell into place.  Because we were leaving so soon after and not enough tome to really get the Southwind on the market, we just stored it nearby for winter.  Had a buyer who promised to buy it in the spring.  So, we were now owners of 2 motorhomes.  Fast forward to January and Quartzsite where we were camped next to Betty and Terry Brewer and their barely on the market Queen.  Jolene went in and came out doing the OMG thing.  One week later we had a deal and a week later we drove it home.  Now we were owners of THREE motorhomes, our fleet was 112' long now.

OK, about that time our buyer who promised! to buy in the spring backed out.  We had 2 for sale and living in one.  Before we left AZ, we put the Winnebago (#2), in a consignment lot, and it sod within about 2-3 weeks!  OK, now we only owned TWO motorhomes.  The Southwond was pulled out of storage in Idaho Falls and brought up to Island Park and storage, and advertised locally and outside the local.  Had a number of folks very interested who either (it is not as powerful as I thought it would be), or (. my big check is going to be in installments, will you take payments)...  (THis guy wanted me to take ad day and drive him and his wife around inside Yellowstone so they could get the feel!,  wow.  he did offer to pay for gas and lunch, and no I didn't take him. 

So with about 2 weeks to go before we head south, Don and Maryanne Nesbit, came back into town and we went to dinner, after dinner I met a new guy, just got message from him this morning, AND HE BOUGHT IT AND BRUGHT CASH!  So!  Now we are back to being the Proud owners of ONE motorhome. 

The moral of the story is grab that brass ring when you can the details will work out in the end.

Fortunately, the only cost to me holding on was insurance and storage.  If I had payments I might have been a bit more concerned.  At one point I was considering just putting it in a better storage site and using it for weekend trips instead of unhooking and stowing everything from the Country Coach.  Did that for the music fest in August, just pulled it out of storage, loaded water food and bedding.

I considered it, but Blue Ox doesn't make a base plate for the 35'er.  Heck I also considered towing our enclosed trailer behind the Jeep behind the motorhome, nixed that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom