Ocala area RV parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radman1420

Hello I was hoping someone would have input on the RV parks or campgrounds around Ocala Florida.  My girlfriend and I are both traveling in the medical field and she just took a position at an imaging center in Ocala for 13 weeks.  We have a 26' TT and are looking for someplace nice and safe.  Since she will be living there by herself until I finish my assignment in South Carolina it would be nice for the park to offer cable and wireless internet so she's not bored.  If anyone has suggestions we would really like to hear them.  Thanks in advance

Brad and April

I live just outside of Ocala, so know where the parks are but have no experience in visiting them. Ocala & Marion County are low-crime areas anyway, so safety is not much of a concern - other than common sense stuff.
I know some forum members have stayed in the area, so perhaps they can respond about actual park services.

radman1420 said:
Hello I was hoping someone would have input on the RV parks or campgrounds around Ocala Florida.? My girlfriend and I are both traveling in the medical field and she just took a position at an imaging center in Ocala for 13 weeks.? We have a 26' TT and are looking for someplace nice and safe.? Since she will be living there by herself until I finish my assignment in South Carolina it would be nice for the park to offer cable and wireless internet so she's not bored.? If anyone has suggestions we would really like to hear them.? Thanks in advance

Brad and April

We like Grand Lakes - http://www.grandlakeresort.com/

Grand Lake is very, very nice but not handy to Ocala (or anything for that matter) if you need to commute.  We have stayed at Ocala RV Ranch three times and it is nice and they have WiFi.  The owners are upgrading the park & it is getting better every time we stay there.  The Ranch would be our first choice of parks and I'd stay there again.

John Canfield said:
Grand Lake is very, very nice but not handy to Ocala (or anything for that matter) if you need to commute.? We have stayed at Ocala RV Ranch three times and it is nice and they have WiFi.? The owners are upgrading the park & it is getting better every time we stay there.? The Ranch would be our first choice of parks and I'd stay there again.

I disagee; I lived at Grand Lake for several winters and traveled back and forth to Ocala frequently. Its a matter of tolerance I suppose. I found it very easy to get in and out of Ocala and avoid all the local traffic by taking 301 a four lane highway with little traffic.

We have stayed for rallies at The Springs Resort, Wild Frontier and Ocala Ranch. They all seem kind of nice to me. Then again maybe I am not picky. At this time of year I would expect the campgrounds to be filling up with the Snow-Birds.

Hello and thanks for the suggestions.  Im sure we will check out some of those other parks in the area within the next few months.  We ended up staying at the Ocala RV Camp Resort to start with.  This was the closest site to Aprils work that we were able to find on short notice.  I will say this park has friendly staff however I just hate when you call a park and they say yes we have cable and yes we have internet access etc then when you get there you find out yes they do have cable for a fee and they do have internet however its not wireless so you have to take your laptop into the office and plug it in or purchase your own cablemodem access to the site.  This park would be good for someone who likes more of the campground vs what I consider an RV park.  To me a RV park will have more open space and at least concrete pads.  At this park its almost as if your just pulling in a thinly wooded lot and plugging in.  Anyway it will serve its purpose.  I just wonder what it's like when it rains since most of the roads are dirt.

Thanks again,

Brad and April

I just wonder what it's like when it rains since most of the roads are dirt.

You are in Florida - the soil is sand and drains quickly, often within minutes after the cloudburst ends.

You would like Grand Lake much better - it is exactly your definition of an RV park (vs a campground). Quite a commute, though, even though its an easy drive.  I can't think of any park in Ocala with paved roads and sites, but there are several that are more in the "resort" class than the one you chose. How important is it to be very close to work?  Silver Springs (eastern suburb of Ocala) has several parks. Ocala RV Ranch is good and not too far away either.

Back
Top Bottom