Odometer did "magically" reset to 0 miles Vectra on Freightliner chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
purdaddy said:
In case someone finds this via a search (Google or otherwise) in the future, I called Freightliner support and they now have determined (confirmed with the tech on the phone) the following:

1) The MMDC for these affected chassis/units reset the dash odometer to 0 (zero) miles EACH time the odometer hits 50k miles

<snip>

Procedure described here...............

</snip>
Thank you, that is something to try. However, if I understand it right, it will not display the real odometer setting on the dash again.

In the meantime, I found a solution that I'm ok with, I bought an Android tablet and installed the free BlueFire application on it (You also have to buy a Bluetooth adapter for the diagnostic port ($190). but in total still cheaper than Silverleaf $395) At least I can compare the BlueFire reporting with the ECM.

Also good info in case we decide to sell the coach so the buyer knows the mileage is honest (I'm not planning on selling.)

NOTE: You can download the Bluefire app for Apple/Android/Windows and test it without the adapter it will not connect but shows demo data on your phone, tablet or PC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom