Off Roading North of Yuma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Good ride today in the hills North of Yuma,  About another week or so and everything should be in bloom.  Attached a couple photos.

Attachments

• Prickly Pear in Bloom(med).JPG
    Prickly Pear in Bloom(med).JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Lunch (MED).JPG
    Lunch (MED).JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 35
Looks like you were with the Dicks and Brewers.

You are right on.  The Dicks', Terry Brewer, and the Davis's form our park.  I thought somebody might recognize Framily.

Here are a ccouple more photos taken today.

Attachments

• On the Trail.JPG
    On the Trail.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 29
  • Photographer at work (Small).JPG
    Photographer at work (Small).JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for the photos Ron. I see that Sam led the guys on the trip. Jim always seems to take that pose when he a camera in his hand  ;D

Ron,

That was sneaky! :) Attached is the photo I was trying to take. It sure didn't come out the way I had hoped. It would have been better if I had taken it when we were heading out rather than coming back. The sun angle changed too much.

Attachments

• CRW_2880_RT8 (Small).jpg
    CRW_2880_RT8 (Small).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 26
Jim and group.  According to the LA Times this morning now is the time to be in Death Valley.  There are even a couple of new lakes, one at BadWater.  Shows pictures of people kayaking.

Ellen S

From the reports I have heard Death Valley is just beutiful this year.  Down side is there are several roads that have been washed out and areas that are not accessible.

Hi John & Ellen,

[There are even a couple of new lakes, one at BadWater.  Shows pictures of people kayaking.]

That could be interesting. :) It's beginning to look like we won't make Death Valley this year.  :mad:

Jim Dick said:
Hi John & Ellen,

[There are even a couple of new lakes, one at BadWater. Shows pictures of people kayaking.]

That could be interesting. :) It's beginning to look like we won't make Death Valley this year. :mad:

That's a shame!  According to a TV broadcast this afternoon the flowers in Death Valley are absolutely spectacular right now.  They say it's the best in the past 100 years and that it may be another 100 years before you see it again :eek:

Hi Don,

Yes, we're disappointed but that's the way it goes. :mad: Looks like we'll be in Yuma a few more days waiting for a package to arrive. We'll probably miss the flowers at Alamo Lake as well.

Jim,

Jim Dick said:
Yes, we're disappointed but that's the way it goes. :mad: Looks like we'll be in Yuma a few more days waiting for a package to arrive. We'll probably miss the flowers at Alamo Lake as well.

If you have the time and/or get the chance come on over.? We'll be here.

Don,

I mentioned that to Pat today. We'll give you a call.

I may go to DV yet. We need to think about heading north soon and DV could be on the way. I might be too late for flowers but you never know.

Al and Vel Woods, Darrigos, Our frinds from Nova Scotia, and us took another ride to the Red Cloud mine North of Yuma.  Found out they mine for a crystal called wulfenite.  On the way up some of us took the walk through the painted desert.  following are some photos of the painted desert.

Attachments

• Joe& Audry (Medium).jpg
    Joe& Audry (Medium).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 21
  • bugs (Medium).jpg
    bugs (Medium).jpg
    125 KB · Views: 21
More photos from the trip to Red Cloud mine.  The Elkhorn Collia in bloom.

Attachments

• elkhorn cholla in bloom (Small).jpg
    elkhorn cholla in bloom (Small).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 19
  • cholla bloom (Medium).jpg
    cholla bloom (Medium).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 18
And yet mor photos.  Desert Flower arrangement and some of the framily.

Attachments

• desert flower arrangement (Medium).jpg
    desert flower arrangement (Medium).jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Framily & Freinds (Small).jpg
    Framily & Freinds (Small).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom