Off the Road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Just thought I'd share a photo I took today just outside Yuma. We were on our way to San Luis when I spotted some sand dunes in the distance. Decided to check them out. Well, we never actually made it to the dunes. The road ended and turned into some dirt trails around some fields and desolate areas. I spotted this vehicle and decided to photograph it as what not to do when off roading. As I was taking the picture a white SUV pulled up behind us. It was the Border Patrol. The Officer asked what I was photographing. When I explained we do quite a bit of off roading and this was a good example of what not to do he said the vehicle actually was trying to evade the Border Patrol and the driver backed into this spot intentionally. Wonder if he realized the drop?

As we were talking, the Officer saw some tracks in the dirt that were fresh. He proceeded to call his partner and then started tracking the trail. He also asked me to lift my foot. I assumed he was trying to eliminate my prints from the others. We deciided it might be a good time to move on. ;D

Attachments

• CRW_2897_RT8 (Small).jpg
    CRW_2897_RT8 (Small).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 37
Jim

Without reading the last part of your story, that would look like a big OOPS  :(

Ron,

I hope so as well. It was strange the way he spotted the footprints and markings while we were talking. I didn't see them until he got out of the car and pointed them out. Really observant.

Tom,

[Without reading the last part of your story, that would look like a big OOPS  :(]

That's exactly what I thought until the Border Patrol got there. :)

Back
Top Bottom