oh goody Weather balloon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I'll jump in and stir the pot.

I've been an amateur astronomer for close to 55 years but I don't believe there is life, except on Earth. I've seen a lot of things in the sky. Jumbo jets through my field of view (scares you). I've seen things floating around in the clouds I couldn't explain but figured it was military or something.

As Tom says, there isn't any proof of life other than on Earth. Not out in the stars or on Mars. Our radio telescopes have never heard anything intelligent or proof of life. There are things that support life in places but it isn't life. We appear to be unique in the cosmos. There are many Earth like planets but to date no proof.

When the first Pulsars were discovered they thought they were some kind of signal but turned out to be just a rapid rotating star.

You can believe in life elsewhere. I have an open mind but to date there isn't any exacting proof of life. My 3 cents.

AL

Easy Rene, We just had a malfunction with our canon on the jet, just like their spy opps weather balloon got away from them. Accidents. happen.

Greetings, I'll jump in and stir the pot.

I've been an amateur astronomer for close to 55 years but I don't believe there is life, except on Earth. I've seen a lot of things in the sky. Jumbo jets through my field of view (scares you). I've seen things floating around in the clouds I couldn't explain but figured it was military or something.

As Tom says, there isn't any proof of life other than on Earth. Not out in the stars or on Mars. Our radio telescopes have never heard anything intelligent or proof of life. There are things that support life in places but it isn't life. We appear to be unique in the cosmos. There are many Earth like planets but to date no proof.

When the first Pulsars were discovered they thought they were some kind of signal but turned out to be just a rapid rotating star.

You can believe in life elsewhere. I have an open mind but to date there isn't any exacting proof of life. My 3 cents.

AL
I too have been addicted to astronomy since high school, 60 some years ago. I used to live 50 miles from Griffith Park Observatory and visited it many times. Especially after 1973 when they started showing Lasarium light concerts in the observatory:

I have had reservations at a relatives house for April 2024 since it is located right on the centerline of the next solar eclipse. It will be one of the highlights of my life.

I am also amazed that in today's world almost everyone is carrying a close to professional camera in their pocket and there are billions of images shot every single day but never have we seen a legitimate photo of an alien or of a "ufo".

Yep. Same thing with Bigfoot. I grew up in Cali and lived in both NorCal and SoCal. Bigfoot paradise! Everytime I see a new Bigfoot video it turns out that they video'd with a potato from 3 miles away. Too shaky, too out of focus, or its some obvious joker in a ghillie suit. Been here in Texas now for some years and same thing when I hear about some hunter out in the Piney Woods of East Texas and they "... came upon Bigfoot right in my path. I lowered my rifle but couldn't bring myself to shoot it!" Hogwash! There's plenty of redneck Texans out here that would take out Bigfoot in a second and not think another thing of it!! Every time I hear some good ol' boy say that I know he's lying.

And to top it all off, last week an American general predicted we would be at war with China within 2 years.
I question his job security after that remark.

Hi Chef Duane,

Lost in Space was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. There were plenty of aliens on that series. It was real wasn't it? :)

I’m…not shocked…those spinning conspiracies haven’t brought up the fact that this happened twice during the previous administration. Carry on, though, facts don’t matter here.

Does anyone remember the 50th anniversary of Roswell back in the 90's? The government issued a different explanation of what it was 3 days in a row. They were still covering up what it was 50 years later. Suspicious but amusing.

Well it’s down. Hope they can retrieve it and hope the salt water doesn’t hurt the contents.

I was watching the news in real time when it got shot. It was a perfect picture and it appeared real close. But as it was falling, it was getting further and further away to a point where we couldn’t see it anymore. I would have thought it would have gotten bigger as it was falling, maybe the wind was moving it.

Depends on where the camera was.. On the ground or on another plane next to the shooter.

Don't forget about "My Favorite Martian."
That's playing on Antenna Tv these days.

Along with my favorite Bewitched.

And that channel has medicare commercials too!

I too have been addicted to astronomy since high school, 60 some years ago. I used to live 50 miles from Griffith Park Observatory and visited it many times. Especially after 1973 when they started showing Lasarium light concerts in the observatory:

I have had reservations at a relatives house for April 2024 since it is located right on the centerline of the next solar eclipse. It will be one of the highlights of my life.

I went by the Griffith Park Observatory a week ago on a Saturday at around 11 AM to visit. The parking lot wasn't even accessible. We were directed down the hill towards the Hollywood sign and folks were hiking up the road. Finally found an empty parking spot over a mile down the hill and the parking on the side of the road continued. I grew up not far from there and haven't seen it since at least the 1970's in High School.
Didn't stop.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the 50th anniversary of Roswell back in the 90's? The government issued a different explanation of what it was 3 days in a row. They were still covering up what it was 50 years later. Suspicious but amusing.
We were in Roswell vising a cousin about that time. The entire town was a block party.

My wife and I saw the Pink Floyd laser show at the Griffith Park Observatory back in the day. Awesome experience.

I was just checking the path of the eclipse. Too bad about the timing, I have to be back in Cali working on the campground openings in April.
FWIW, I'm currently parked right under the path of totality in Arkansas. If I couldn't get a reservation here, I could park in my son's yard, 25 miles away for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom