Ohio state parks that take big rigs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't give you a specific Rv Resort, but on several occasions we have passed thru INdiana on I-70 and always take advantage of the overnite at 106 or 108 Mile marker Rest Area  An extremely large stop on both sides of the highway east of Indianapolis.  We have always been fortunate to pull up close to the Restrooms.  We are 65' Long when we pull in and take up as much area as the 18 wheelers. Highway Partrol swing thru regularly as do the sheriff's posse.    Good luck on your venture.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Where in Ohio??
Any where in Ohio.  I have looked up some state park that indicate they can accommodate rigs up to 35 ft.  I do not think that a 40ft Class A with 4 slide outs will fit.

We find that most state parks have some sites that will hold large RVs. The trick is to get there before the weekend crowd takes them all. :)

Shayne said:
Can't give you a specific Rv Resort, but on several occasions we have passed thru INdiana on I-70 and always take advantage of the overnite at 106 or 108 Mile marker Rest Area? An extremely large stop on both sides of the highway east of Indianapolis.?

Shayne,

We'll be passing through Indianaoplis next month on the way to Pittsburgh, looking for a place to stop for the night near Indy. How noisy is this rest stop?

Wendy-  We have always stopped there wheever in the area.  I didn't feel it was noisy at all and we parked right by the restrooms and reception center.  However that place is so large I beleive you could park at least 1/8th of a mile from anyone.  Hope that helps.

Thanks Shayne. Looks like a good place to park on our bonzai run to Pittsburgh next month. I don't mind rest stops so long as they're not really, really loud.

Jeff Cousins said:
We find that most state parks have some sites that will hold large RVs. The trick is to get there before the weekend crowd takes them all. :)
Thanks for the info.  We will call ahead to and try to make a reservation.

Howdy.
We have a big and heavy coach, a Blue Bird Wanderlodge. I have a copy of the Big Rigs Best Bets Campground Directory. It is an excellant resource  for those of us that have big rigs.
Big Rigs Best Bets at www. big-rigs-rv.com

My copy published in 2004 doesn't show anything for Ohio. But the newer editions might.

Regards,
Liz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom