Oil In Basement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesolo

Hey folks, we made it to Florida without and trouble. (I did have an issue with a low hanging branch and an air horn but that's another story). I took a couple of canvas chairs out of the basement to set up our site and noticed they were soaked in oil. They weren't dripping wet but the oil had pretty much migrated throughout the entire fabric. The culprit appears to be a hydraulic pump and/or reservoir. Is this for the slides??? There is also oil on the underside of the frame extending a couple of feet from this unit (reservoir). I can see a filler cap but no dip stick or oil level window. Do yall have any ideas of what to check or look for? Tell me it has nothing to do with the brakes. The oil looks to me like regular 'ol motor oil. Any insight or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Tom

Administrator
Joe,

It sure sounds like it's for the slideout (s). I've never repaired one, but maybe someone else can offer a suggestion.

John From Detroit

I too will guess it is for the slides, however it could be for the jacks as well.

To find out what it's for see if there is a motor attached,,, if so then have your partner operate the various hydralic systems (leveling jacks, slides and so forth) while you SAFELY listen (make sure you don't get youself between things that pinch) also observe (look for leaks)

Once you identify the system then other ideas may pop up. also if you see a hose leaking, you have found the problem..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remco
Top Bottom