Old Cannon T2i recording time & SD storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karahuels

Hello. I have an older model Cannon T2i camera. I want to know what my video recording time will be. I currently have a 32 GB SD card, Can I record more that 29 minutes?? Aslo, I have done some test recording at home, but it doesnt show up on my SD card. Definatly a beginner with the camera. All help is appreaciated.

You might also look here, for a more in-depth look at it:

I have heard that the 29 minute limit occurs because the sensor heats up.
My Nikon D-90 manual very plainly stated that the 5 minute video limitation (enforced by software) was due to overheating. Which was one of several reasons why I upgraded to a 7100, which can do continuous recording for longer than I'll ever use it (longer stuff goes on camcorder).

So heat could easily have been a major part of why on the Canon. I've seen other possible cause posited, also, but nothing that I spotted from Canon themselves as to why.

When DSLRs first started doing video there was a massive outcry on photography forums. All brands seemed to be effected and heating up the sensor was usually blamed. I have never had a use for long videos so it didn't bother me at all.

Back
Top Bottom