Old Dish Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott-0168

The dish on my 03 Pace Arrow was removed a few years back according to the previous owner. No leaks, but I would like to smooth up the so so patch job. Any suggestions? I do not plan on installing another dish!

Scott  :)

I'm guessing you have a rubber roof on the Pace. If the existing patch job is sloppy, gently scrape/peal off the old caulk and re-apply an EPDM roof sealant (Dicor or Alpha brand) as neatly as you can.  The holes should be small, some screw holes for the mounts and a larger one where the coax passed through. Alternatively, get some Eternabond tape and cut small pieces to cover the holes.

You can use a cloth dampened with mineral spirits to clean off the residue before applying new sealant or tape. Just dampen the cloth and rub - do not pour on. Too much solvent will loosen the adhesive that bonds the EPDM to the underlayment.

My dish will be removed and a new roof goes on next week. I am installing a new vent with fan in the holes location. The wife will enjoy it while she is cooking.

Gary RV Roamer said:
I'm guessing you have a rubber roof on the Pace. If the existing patch job is sloppy, gently scrape/peal off the old caulk and re-apply an EPDM roof sealant (Dicor or Alpha brand) as neatly as you can.  The holes should be small, some screw holes for the mounts and a larger one where the coax passed through. Alternatively, get some Eternabond tape and cut small pieces to cover the holes.

You can use a cloth dampened with mineral spirits to clean off the residue before applying new sealant or tape. Just dampen the cloth and rub - do not pour on. Too much solvent will loosen the adhesive that bonds the EPDM to the underlayment.

Thanks Gary for the info. The old coax is still up there too. I'm thinking about pulling that back thru the Coach and dicconnecting it. Don't plan on mounting anything up on the roof. Your thoughts?

Scott

If you can, leave it up there and just tuck below the surface so the patch/cover is smooth. Who knows, you or a future owner might want a satellite dish up there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom