Old Member New Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff in Ferndale Wa

Hi All,
I haven't been around much for the past few years. We haven't been using the trailer much and I haven't retired yet.
Planned to retire at the end of 2019, but a new job fell into my lap. The job worked out well,and I'm committed to another year and will take it year by year until I don't like the job any more.
I still am working in Alaska for three months a year,but that is a month less that I have been doing for the past 13 years,and I work from home part time for the other nine months.
I was home in August last year for the first time in 34 years and had the entire month off!  All while drawing a full salary and benefits. 8)

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with throat cancer in early August right after I got home so spent the next four months dealing with that and didn't get out in the trailer at all.
I am all done with the treatments now and am healing up nicely. I have a followup in a couple weeks and I believe they will declare me cancer free. :))

After the treatments were done we decided to upgrade from our 2007 Sprngdale 260BH before I finally retire,so put it on Craigslist and sold it in three days for 2000.00 more than we paid for it 8 years ago!
Sold it to a young guy with a young family.It is their first RV and he was really happy.
Turns out the used RV market is really hot. We intended to find a good used trailer, but all the decent used trailers we could find were priced pretty close to new.
Plus once the wife got a look at new trailers, used ones just weren't good enough any more! ???

We just bought a new Cascade 264DBHC tavel trailer that we will be bringing home on Wednesday.
I suspect we will be using it a lot more than we have been using the Springdale,so will probably be around here more often. :)

Welcome back, and congrats on the new trailer.  Ya, I fear letting my wife see anything new  :-X
Good luck with your progress on your health, be safe, I hear something is going around  :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom