Older Dometic S 619.007 Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camperAL

Hi,

I'm trying to help an older lady trouble shoot her refrigerator. It's in a Sierra TT by Cobra about 20 years old. Things were working a couple of months back. When she tried to turn the unit on (using electric) it wasn't cooling. We switched it to LP today and it is working so the problem seems to be in the electrical side of the unit. She has to manually switch to electric or LP. I checked every aspect I could and all looked well.

Wondering if anyone might have some advise? Wonder if the control board could be defective on just the electric side of things or the solenoid valve might be stuck. I usually don't get involved with other people's unit but she is a nice old lady and seems to trust me. Thanks in advance!

I'd look at the 110 volt heating element. Make sure you have power going to it when in electric mode.

Hi Rene,

First a big thank you for your input on this frig that the lady is having trouble with. Seems to be running fine on LP but won't kick on in the electric side of things. I gave her your suggestion and figure it will be up to her to get someone in to look at it or take it to one of the repair shops in our area. While I am not afraid to dive in and fix things that I own, working on someone else can get too involved and other problems can crop up. Money seems to be a problem for her and why I got involved in the first place. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom