OldSAW 'What can you fill a barrel with to make it weigh less?'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddog348

ans 'holes'. Still goes.

Please explain to me just how having my my springs 're-arced' & adding another 'leaf' will add another #600-#700 load carrying capacity to my truck ~~~~ WHEN I an at MAX GVWR. I know the added 'iron' will weigh a bunch.

My mind just does not wrap around that 'logic'

THANKS

maddog348 said:
ans 'holes'. Still goes.

Please explain to me just how having my my springs 're-arced' & adding another 'leaf' will add another #600-#700 load carrying capacity to my truck ~~~~ WHEN I an at MAX GVWR. I know the added 'iron' will weigh a bunch.

My mind just does not wrap around that 'logic'

THANKS

GVWR is also a function of brakes, tires, rear end ratio, transmission, frame and a variety of other things. You are correct, re-arching the springs and adding a leaf does not add to max GVWR, it only reduces squat (which could be a good thing).

Back2PA  ~~ Truck drives great ~~ No noticable 'squat'.  Does 'dip' a bit as you step up on back bumper to enter.  Have a 2006 Toyota Tundra double cab. SR5, 4.7 gas ~ 6'6" bed ~ spray in bedliner. ~~~~ Bought 2017 4WheelCamper "Hawk" Shell Dec. 18,2017 [Factory installed date of purchase. 965#  GVWR on door post 6600  Weighed a week ago ~ Driver ~ sm dog ~ Truck (loaded for camping)6620

Where do I find Tire ratings?? BF Goodrich ~ All Terrain lt625/70r16 "E" max psi 80 Apr/2018 Question on that Tire shop says never run more than 40 ~~ Mechanic friend says 75 another says 50. I will be getting truch weighed all 4 corners soon.

~~GAWR FRT (3500lb) with265/70r16 32psi cold ~~ Rear (3760lb) 33psi.

Does any of that help

Thank You

Tire ratings are on tire sidewall. After you get the truck weighed front and back, you can look for BF Goodrich's load and inflation table for that tire and adjust inflation accordingly. Tires on the same axle should be inflated to the same pressure (matching the higher corner's pressure).

Just guessing I believe you'll be well below max tire weights and, again guessing, that you'll be in the 60PSI range as a result. But use the inflation table, not my guess.

Back
Top Bottom