On our way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pbinak

Hello fellow RVers!  I am recently retired from state government work in Alaska and my wife and I are determined to live our dream of spending winters in the sun.  We flew down to Oregon last weekend and are staying with my brother in Hillsboro while searching for a fifth wheel and truck combo.  We have been extremely busy but have purchased a 2001 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins diesel.  For our fifth wheel, Holiday RV in Hillsboro made us a very fair deal on a 2006 Montana (Mountaineer Edition) 307 RKD.  We take delivery Jan.24th and hope to be on the road to AZ the following day. We will be heading to the Brenda area where my in-laws live as full-timers.  We then head to Tucson for the Gem & Mineral show so that my wife can purchase materials for crafting.

This is our first fifth wheel and our first time spending more than just a week or so RVing.  We will have much to learn and I am thankful for this forum as a source for information.  My first concern that I hope to get some feedback and advice on is the subject of where to stay in AZ.  We have two Labrador retrievers and I am guessing that they won't be welcome in most RV parks.  I am not opposed to Boondocking but had hoped to meet and enjoy the company of fellow RVers.  Are there RV parks that welcome larger 60-70 lb. dogs?  I would love to find a place to stay with areas that we could hike and explore daily and take our dogs with us. We are most interested in the Tucson to Douglas and Kingman to Yuma areas.  Any suggestions from members would be much appreciated. 

Congratulations of the Mountaineer and the Dodge.

Unfortunately, you'll miss the annual forum rally currently underway in Quartzsite; You'd meet a lot of great folks there. But maybe next year.

Most RV parks permit pets, but I have no idea about the parks in the specific areas you mention. Some parks will have designated areas where you can walk the dogs and all/most will require you pick up after them. Pet restrictions should be stated in campground directories.

Hopefully others will have specific recommendations for you.

Might I make a suggestion:  If you are headed to AZ on the 25... We will be here at Quartzsite through the 29th at least.

Drop in, if you can,  Directions can be found elswhere on the forum but on your map look at I-10 about 17-18 miles east of California state line, then south on SR-95 about 2-3 miles to the Tyson's Wash section of the dessert.

As the rangers for directions if you can not see my balloon  Tell them "The rig with the balloon"  30 dollars for a 14 day stay

There are many RV parks in the area of AZ that you described.  Most will welcome your dogs IF they are well trained and IF you pick up after them.  To be sure, call ahead and ask them about their pet policies and tell them about your dogs.  You'll want to call for reservations anyway if you're here in the winter season as many of the parks are quite full.

We've spent the most of the past 10 winters at least partly in southern AZ and know you'll enjoy it here.  There is enough to do to keep you busy for a long time.  When you are heading for a specific location, there are many here that can give you more details on local activities.

Thanks for the fast and helpful responses.  John, if we get out of here on time and have no major delays enroute I will attempt to find you and visit.  Thanks again every one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom