On Smoky time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
We did not come west with the idea of acquiring a golf cart, but now that we have found a place for the winter, we like it so much we opted to buy a year round slot.

Smoky:

Did you buy a site for this season or purchase a lot?

In "Smoky" time that was quick! ::) ::)

Jeff /Washington said:
In "Smoky" time that was quick! ::) ::)

Maybe this was done in Admiral time instead of Smoky time.  ;D

LOL Phil!!  No actually it was in Smoky time, the Admiral took another two days to agree.  ;D

We paid rent for 12 months.  This allows us to have permanent first choice on the site year after year as long as we renew, and lets us build a shed.  It was one of the original sites when the park was first built.  They are rare to come open and hard to get.  We lucked out because we got here a month before the crowd. 

I also think the office felt sorry for us because of our weekend experience when no staff was here.  They gave us a list of about 30 open sites for annual rental that had the extra concrete pads we wanted, but circled this one because it was so close to all the facilities and had landscaping including 3 orange trees.  I had a very sweet orange last night for desert.

Had to take the Admiral to 4 other places before she finally agreed we had lucked out on the first stop.  She liked this place from the moment the staff showed up and explained where things were, but felt compelled to "shop around".  We could not find anything better at the price and the entire time I was spooked that someone would grab site 515 right out from under us.  Monday night she woke up in the middle of the night scared we would lose 515, so Tuesday morning we signed the lease minutes after the office opened.  The people who had this site moved to another street to get closer to relatives.

The only negative we have found is that we are near the air force base and have jets screaming by two or three times a day except on weekends.  We are getting used to it.

Tomorrow night is poker night and I look forward to it.  Tomorrow morning going to hit balls at the driving range.  This afternoon it is off to the pool now that the internet dish is working.  Friday night is ice cream night.  Today i got the key to our PO Box and our "clicker" that allows us to open gates without punching in numbers.  The first dance is the evening the Admiral leaves for Baltimore.  Ut oh, better behave myself.  ;D  I can't wait for lawn bowling to start.  I do not lawn bowl but I love to watch it.  Everyone dressed up in white and acting very sophisticated.  I hear people are not even allowed to applaud or cheer.  LOL! 

The admiral is signing up for every quilting and sewing and crafts class she can get her hands on.  And she is volunteering to work in the gift shop.  I am not volunteering for anything until i get my golf and chess games back in shape.  ;D

We are both signing up for ballroom dancing and country Western dancing.  We don't know beans about the ballroom, but we can line dance and two step with the best of them.

If I make it to 2007 QZ it will be because I really did go to the exercise room and get myself into shape.  I better, because right now my eyes are bigger than my muscles and almost as big as my waistline.  Not a good formula for trying to be so active!!!

Sky is a little ticked off because of the leash rules.  He got spoiled at Sam's Camp and even more spoiled in Kalispell.  I am going to scout around for an off premises spot where he can chase balls and get wet.  Then maybe we will get his vote also. :D  Reba (male cat named after Reba McIntyre...don't ask) is happy wherever we sit as he is King of the Coach at all times.

Smoky said:
LOL Phil!!  No actually it was in Smoky time, the Admiral took another two days to agree.

Welcome to the neighborhood, Smoky,

It's nice that you found a place that you both like so soon.  Getting in at the start of the season does have an advantage.  I plan to get down there around Thanksgiving time if the weather up here stays nice.  Right now the fall colors are in full swing and I don't want to miss any of it. 

BTW, Sun City Express has an airport shuttle that will meet the Admiral's flight and return her to your doorstep so you don't have to try and connect at the airport.  It's not hard to do the airport drop off but pick up is a nightmare.  Their phone number is 623-933-9300.

Phil

Smoky:

Sounds very nice. We'll try to get by and see what the good life is like when we get there in January.

Sue's sister lives in Mesa, are you on the east side?

Smoky said:
The only negative we have found is that we are near the air force base and have jets screaming by two or three times a day except on weekends.  We are getting used to it.

Just remember that is THE SOUND OF FREEDOM!!!! ;)

Jeff

Mesa is on the southeast side of Phoenix about 50+ miles from Smokey.  His park is in El Mirage which is on the northwest side of Phoenix.  Phoenix is very spread out.

Lorna said:
Jeff

Mesa is on the southeast side of Phoenix about 50+ miles from Smokey.  His park is in El Mirage which is on the northwest side of Phoenix.  Phoenix is very spread out.

Thanks Lorna, I finnally looked it up last night. ::)

Lorna said:
Jeff

Mesa is on the southeast side of Phoenix about 50+ miles from Smokey.? His park is in El Mirage which is on the northwest side of Phoenix.? Phoenix is very spread out.

Had to drive yesterday from Scottsdale on the east side of Phoenix to Sun City on the West. NOT as far as Mesa to El Mirage. Took me an hour and 45 minutes.

I hate driving in PHX.

Jeff:

Aye we are on the west side.  I know traffic can be a bear around here.  We welcome anyone to stop by, though,  at site 515 if you can brave the traffic.  Anyone desiring our cell phone number please send me a private message.  If you visit you are welcome to bring swim suits and/or golf clubs.  ;D

Jim you are so right about the SOUND OF FREEDOM.  There is not the slightest doubt that in today's world one must have military might and use it wisely of one is to remain free.  I have never understood how so many Americans think we can remain free and have good lives if we do not stand ready to fend off real terror and evil in this world.  There are so many countries where evil has conquered and we have no special dispensation from freedom of terror.

Thanks Phil for the tip on Sun City Express.  Will check em out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom