Hi all, I just put may generator back in the motorhome after a bearing replacement on the gen end, the generator fired right up and engine runs good like it did, hasn't been started in nearly a year. Before it was reassembled I cleaned the slip rings with 220 grit paper and the scotch bright pad, brushes looked good so I left as is. I went inside the coach and noticed the 120v fridge light was flickering and the transfer switch was rattling. I checked voltage across the brushes and had 70 volts if that's a valid test. I noticed that the voltage regulator was very hot almost not able to touch. Last year I checked voltage in the coach and it was at 149 volts so defiantly there was an issue. Now the service manual says to find the number 7 pin on the voltage reg and test that to ground with a multimeter, should be 12 volts and across the brushes 10-11 volts, today there is less than a volt at the regulator and nothing at the brushes. I assume these measurements are to be taken with the generator not running correct?