Onan Generator fixed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Offefamily

Happy to report our 2000 Winnebago Adventurer(recently purchased) with a 4000 Onan generator is working. Thanks to the research I found here. I filled the gas on the rv above a quarter tank, actually full, replaced the spark plug and added oil and she started after priming. What a relief!

One of the first trips I took with ny then New intruder the genrator quit.. Well I finished packing slid into the driver's seat turned the key and looked at the fuel gauge... OH.. I then visited the dump station and then the gas station and the generator was... .... Fixed

Always look for the easy stuff first...While on my trip home (2-3 weeks ago) from southern Ca. we stopped in Eureka Costco lot for dinner. Fired up generator and after roughly 5 min it just shut down. That's odd, it had been running beautiful for a few hours during the drive earlier during the day.

Went out to the generator (Micro4K) and check for anything obvious visible wise. Nothing. I had already replaced the fuel filter at 512hrs and it was now just under 50 hours since. Not going to be that. Also had adjusted the valve lash and changed the plug. Cranks...feels as if it wants to start...let go of switch it dies.

Ok...WT(fill it in)

Go around to my toolbox and retrieve a standard screwdriver. Back to the generator. (In my head) fuel issue...tap the side of the carb 3-4 times.

Bingo! Generator fires right up.

Best guess the carb float got hung up during the drive allowing the bowl not to fill starving the carb for fuel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom