Onan Generator information needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jljeeper

I ordered an Engine manual for my Onan diesel generator Model (6.5DKDFA) Spec (58833D) S/N (G933057239). What I got was a KUBOTA diesel engine manual covering several 3 and 4 cylinder KUBOTA engines. No where in the KUBOTA book does it reference anything about Onan or anything close to the model # of my Onan. All the other books I got with my Onan (Came with the RV) they all say Onan, even the parts manual that covers all the engine parts says Onan.

Questions

1) Did KUBOTA make the engine for my Onan?
2) Do I have the correct manual? (981-0501)
3) When I pull my Onan generator out to do the valve adjustment will I see a KUBOTA name plate so I can tell what engine I have?

An answer to any of these would be helpful

Thanks
Jon

How old is your generator?  The "DKD" sounds familiar.  Ours is in a 1993 motorhome, 6.5, and I think it has DKD in the number. 

It is possible Onan uses Kobota engines, I DO NOT KNOW

I would visit the Onan Web site and see what is there for download... You might get either surprised or upset or both

Surprised= They have the manual you need in pdf
Upset= I PAID FOR THIS!
Both=Both

And then they might not, It has been long enough since I visited the ONAN site I do not remember

By the way.  Same advice for all appliances, accessories and sub assemblies  (Generator, Hot water heater, Fridge, VCR, Sat receiver, Televisions, everything in the rig,  Most all my manuals are right here under my hand, on the hard drive, and a second copy is nearby on the back up drive

jljeeper said:
I ordered an Engine manual for my Onan diesel generator Model (6.5DKDFA) Spec (58833D) S/N (G933057239). What I got was a KUBOTA diesel engine manual covering several 3 and 4 cylinder KUBOTA engines. No where in the KUBOTA book does it reference anything about Onan or anything close to the model # of my Onan. All the other books I got with my Onan (Came with the RV) they all say Onan, even the parts manual that covers all the engine parts says Onan.

Questions

1) Did KUBOTA make the engine for my Onan?
2) Do I have the correct manual? (981-0501)
3) When I pull my Onan generator out to do the valve adjustment will I see a KUBOTA name plate so I can tell what engine I have?

An answer to any of these would be helpful

Thanks
Jon

Yes, Onan uses Kobota engines in some models. 

Back
Top Bottom