Onan generator stops with error codes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggles

Just joined this site and you guys seem to be informed on Genset problems , I was wondering if anyone could advise me on my problem with my 5.5 Kw Onan
It has 65 hrs total time and was running both a/c units just fine for about an hour  then shut down with a Code 36 ,so the book says it may be low fuel and the gauge is at half . So added gas and it now starts for about 5 seconds and stops with a Code 13 which the book says is under Voltage and to reduce the load . So totally unplug and am still getting Code 13 .  Alternate starts it will run but the start switch stays flashing as if it is still Cranking and will not accept a Load , it does not sound like the starter is still engaged but I do not let it run for long and then the next start results in a code 13.  The book does not address the Flashing light in the start switch except to say it flashes whilst cranking  .The gas tank has stabilizer added and I run the Genset about every 3 or 4 weeks for about an hour.  The Unit starts quickly and runs smoothly for the few seconds it does run so I do not suspect the ignition or the fuel  and assume some electrical/control problem  .?

Top Bottom