Onan generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearcatrp

Thought I would ask if anyone is using this generator and there opinion about it. Picked up a Honda 2200 UI for my camper late last year but know it won't run my air conditioner if needed. Came across this onan and wondering if its a good generator. Since Cummings owns it, figured it a pretty good unit. Anyone?

Pretty sure it's part of the same family of generators sold by Wen, harbor Freight, and Westinghouse. Made in china. The people that have them like them. My neighbor has the Wen and has been very trouble free. Follow all the break-in instructions and should be very reliable. As far as which one to buy. I like the harbor freight because we have a store here. You need to buy extended warranty though. We also have a Cummins dealer here don't know much about their customer service, other than it's expensive. Those are things you need to look at when making any large purchase. Wen starts at $745 to Cummins at $1169. Shop around, if you have time, wait for one to go on sale.

I wouldn't solely base my decision on where its built. That has become a very gray area. Get on your computer and look at reviews. Don't spend to much on something just because of a name. If you looked at the Onan, that's quite a buy for that brand, especially if your buying a name.

Back
Top Bottom