Onan installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King

I recently installed an Onan Camp power 2800 in my class B.  Got everything working just perfect.  Still, it seems too noisy to me.  I have about 4 ft of exhaust pipe.  The question I have is: Should I move the spark arrestor screen from the muffler outlet, where it came as assembled, to the end of the exhaust pipe to reduce the noise?  Among all you experts, there must be someone who knows.  Thanks,
Art

Art,

I doubt that  moving the spark arrestor to the end of the exhaust pipe will make any difference to the noise.

Is it exhaust noise you're hearing, or generally engine noise? Some engines (like Briggs & Stratton, but not usually Onan) are inherrently very noisy irrespective what you do with the exhaust.

I agree,  moving a spark arrestor won't make much difference,  Adding muffler might  SO LONG AS, it does not create so much pressure  backup it interfers with operation.

Also resonators work very very well with generators

if it is exhaust noise you want to eliminate then either the resonator or adding anouther muffler will not hurt the system be sure you have the generators stock muffler first or maybe running the exhaus up the top with a genturi

I haven't found a resonator with the pipe size for the Onan....  Can you direct me?
Art

Back
Top Bottom