Onan4000: Change Oil Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, 174 lb too much to deal with.
That's why I'm driving down there, and they'll get it done in
1hr. Worth it to me. Cheaper than back surgery.
I'll be careful not to flood it when starting, though.
Maybe, maybe not on that 1 hour.

IMO, you should do it yourself as that is how you learn how do deal with future problems. I didn't even know the basics about my generator a month ago, I didn't even know it reported trouble codes or anything. And now, a month later, I feel like I am an expert on it, especially after getting it to run perfectly. Now, I feel like I can handle any problem with it that comes up.

BTW, I did some modifications on mine to make it MUCH easier to work on. I removed the starter solenoid to just outside the generator (I had to make some wires a bit longer) and got rid of the bracket for the control board. Now, it takes minutes instead of an hour or so to work in that area around the fuel pump or to remove the control board, measure voltages, etc.

-Don- Auburn, CAsolenoid.JPG

Thanks, but not worth the hassle to me.
Used to do a lot of my own stuff even 10 yrs ago.
But at 76, if I can't lift it, or would take too much time, or effort,
happy to let a pro do it.
But appreciate the help.

Thanks, but not worth the hassle to me.
Used to do a lot of my own stuff even 10 yrs ago.
But at 76, if I can't lift it, or would take too much time, or effort,
happy to let a pro do it.
But appreciate the help.
Okay, I am 71, widowed, retired and have plenty of time these days. I will continue to do work that I can do as long as I am still able to. I have a lot more time than shop employees do, so I can take a lot more time to do jobs the way I want them done.

Anyway, after you have the repairs done, please post here what they did as well as the cost, etc.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Plan to. 😉
BTW, hope you're doing better at 76 than I am,
but 5 yrs makes a lot of difference.
Would love to be 71 again.

Back
Top Bottom