Onboard onnan generator repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windt

Im currently stopping by the Denver, CO area. Does anyone know any trustable repairman nearby? Or how to find one?

Im currently stopping by the Denver, CO area. Does anyone know any trustable repairman nearby? Or how to find one?
What needs repair? Is it RV related, vehicle related, electronics or...??? There are some decent shops around if it's a motorhome, for example, but then I'd still want to know whether it's gas or diesel, class A, B, C or...???

For diesel, Transwest just north of I-25's exit 235 (on the frontage road) is pretty good, but more information might help pinpoint what you actually need.

Unless you find a member that has a history at a local CO shop or mobile repair with a good rating, I strongly recommend going directly to Cummins Sales and Service, Henderson CO. Local number is 303-287-0201 or the main line to Cummins 800-286-6467. Henderson is a little northeast of Denver.

The title of the thread is "Onboard onnan generator repair."
Sorry- somehow I missed that.

I agree with Henry that the Cummins facility in Henderson might be best (perhaps a little more expensive??). They did a great job on my generator (under warranty) a number of years back, but Transwest might do well on the OP's unit, too, especially if it's diesel (I don't know how they are on gas units). They've done good work for me on several occasions over the years.

Kirk, the only reason I went with the Cummins facility is that they only pay for warranty work there- other places can and do perform excellent repairs but they're not reimbursed by Cummins on warranty work. If it hadn't been under warranty I'd likely have had something done in Quartzsite (where the unit failed), so I could stay the week there, or at least used Transwest when I got back. But I didn't want to pay the $1600 when it was under warranty, so I let Cummins do it their way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom