One More Quick Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaajoad

I'm hoping all these questions are okay with y'all -

The windshield washers of my Bounder don't seem to work SO ...

Could that be a fuse?

If not, can I safely assume that I could easily install a new washer motor? Any ideas where to get one? I'm wondering if there's some kind of a national data base thing to search as opposed to haunting junkyards.

as always ... thanks.

Danny Wright
99 Bounder 34J
Poulsbo WA

Danny,

Ask all the questions you want and we'll try to get them answered.

I'd check the fuse first on the wiper. If that's OK and you have access to a multimeter, test the switch. If you need to look for a wiper motor, try some of the parts and salvage places on this list.

Danny,

Is there fluid in the bottle? I only ask as one might overlook it. Sometimes older washer motors get stuck. Found one the other day and a light tap with a hammer on the motor got it going. If that's the case it most likely will need replacing as it will get stuck again. Tom's suggestion about the fuse is the first thing to check.

Another thing to check is the actual hose and small block with the hole in it on the wiper arm. Disconnect the hose and activate the washer to see if water flowing through. If it is then you might need to clear the hole with a small pin. They do stop up over time if left unused.

Woody

You guys are great. I'm on it. I'll let you know what happens. BTW - none of this little stuff really bothers me much (well, no tail lights is pretty important!) - it's just the price of doing business. And if the truth is told, there's a part of me that kind of likes tinkering around, getting things to work. At the same time, we get an education about the motorhome - nothing wrong with that!

Danny Wright
Poulsbo WA

Windshield washer motors vary according to chassis manafacturer and age.  I'm mostly familure with GM and GM spinoffs (Workhorse for example)  Several years ago the Washer pump was intergral to the wiper motor assembly, though the washer pump could be replaced or renewed independent of the washer it was a bit of a job

Today's GM's including the 2005 Workhorse use a pump that is mounted on the washer bottle, it is easily changed, (other than a tool to help seperate the electrical connection no tools are actually required to remove and replace the pump.. if you can reach it that is) and it's a standard chevy part (though if you need to see a workhorse parts store to get one for a workhorse)

I have replaced the washer pump on my towed car (A chevy) a time or two.

In the case of a Bounder, I don't know what it is built on so I can not give specific info, however the washer pump is a "Chassis" part so you go to whoever made the chassis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom