One sad story among many

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really sad watching the video. Hope the folks got out safely.

I read that on the Florida RV park and CG assn. facebook page today. The poster said they cannot even access who made reservations for 22/23 and how much they paid. They asked for patience and understanding until they can access their software.

There are many FL rv parks in the same situation, park is trashed.
I expect some will never re-open due to the expenses involved. A spokesman on TV said all new or rebuilt construction must meet or exceed current building codes.
One person said they are receiving many calls offering assistance in cleanup, but continued to say stay away for now.

We have a two year lease on a site in a Bradenton park that fared well. We’re staying north an extra month letting out of state sparkies use it. Glad we can help out in this small way. Park manager says the phone is ringing nonstop… she’s coordinating.

Very glad we signed that lease… Florida sites are going to be harder than ever to find for a while to come.

All of the insurance policies I’ve had, both business and personal, cover the cost of rebuilding to current codes. Not sure if this is the case with policies written for campgrounds.

Could be, but your linked article says:

"To purchase flood insurance, call your insurance company or insurance agent, the same person who sells your home or auto insurance. "

-Don- Auburn, CA

That's the only reason people keep going back and living in flood areas, it's another form of government handouts. Where I came from in Missouri, they were called river rats.
Go arrowhead hunting and you never find evidence of camps below the second rise from a creek/river. Indians didn't have gov insurance and therefore stayed out of the flood zone.

That's the only reason people keep going back and living in flood areas, it's another form of government handouts. Where I came from in Missouri, they were called river rats.
Go arrowhead hunting and you never find evidence of camps below the second rise from a creek/river. Indians didn't have gov insurance and therefore stayed out of the flood zone.
Could we have been neighbors. I was raised in Harlem, MO. By the old K.C. downtown airport.
We proudly called ourselves River Rats.

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom