Oops what did I do now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conquest2011

We finally got a break from the cold weather, so I figure I go down to the camper and piddle around(work on some Mods). I went to open the Kitchen and dinette slides, the dinette slide opened but the kitchen would not open. Both slides are on the same switch. So, I figure I would wait until Monday to call a Grand Design tech to help me figure this out. So Sunday I dug into the manual and discovered something. The kitchen and dinette slides are hydraulic and the others are electric. Also, figured out how to override the hydraulic levelers and slides.

Well, a few week ago I took the 30 Lbs LP tank to get filled and while taking out the tank of the storage bay,  I notice these two tiny knobs, so being curious I fiddle with them and found that they did absolutely nothing. Come to find out they are the slide's override screws and I turned the kitchen slide off. Go figure.

Just goes to show you learn something new everyday.

You have to love a fix that's that easy though! (Also known as, "whatever you did to make it stop working, undo it!")  ;)

Couple days ago the took the panel down in the pass through. WOW, what a mess I discovered!!! If I had ever wired a house looking like what behind the that wall I'd be fired.

I did see where the black tank and one of the gray tanks are. I assuming I have two gray tanks since I have two pull handles for gray.

Not much I can do with the mess of wires, not enough of slack to reorganize and straighten out.

I had tried to study the plumbing on the water works while in there, forget it. So complex it hurted my brain matter. The thing is I need to hook-up water softener. I want to add the whole filter before the softener. That will have to wait until it is safe to de-winterize.

Utclmjmpr said:
The "I fiddled with it" is what got you in trouble.>>>Dan ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yup, if ya don't know what it does, don't touch it, chances are, they didn't put it there for decoration.  But happy you figured it out, and aside from some stress, didn't cost you anything.

SpencerPJ said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yup, if ya don't know what it does, don't touch it, chances are, they didn't put it there for decoration.  But happy you figured it out, and aside from some stress, didn't cost you anything.

Hey Spence,
                      You know those signs that say "DON'T TOUCH", well, they don't apply to me. I am sorry I have to touch and fiddle.  Guess I didn't get my fingers smack enough when I was a kid.

Conquest2011 said:
Not much I can do with the mess of wires, not enough of slack to reorganize and straighten out.
Yes, what is with that!??  We had a loose connection and took the cover off.  The wire was so tight and then it dropped.  Took us an hour of "Fishing" to get it back, meanwhile the OH's blood pressure was going through the roof....  ::)  He was threatening to drill holes in the panel....

Conquest2011 said:
I am sorry I have to touch and fiddle.  Guess I didn't get my fingers smack enough when I was a kid.

You are killing me, first you sound like my daughters, and now my wife.  ;D ;D ;D  I spend a ton of my life fixing their fiddling. :eek: :eek:

jackiemac said:
Yes, what is with that!??  We had a loose connection and took the cover off.  The wire was so tight and then it dropped.  Took us an hour of "Fishing" to get it back, meanwhile the OH's blood pressure was going through the roof....  ::)  He was threatening to drill holes in the panel....

Know whatcha mean, I wished Grand Design just give me all the parts and I put the dang thing together myself, be a lot neater.

SpencerPJ said:
You are killing me, first you sound like my daughters, and now my wife.  ;D ;D ;D  I spend a ton of my life fixing their fiddling. :eek: :eek:
In my experience my fixing and fiddling was done due to the amount of time waiting for the "expert" to do it in the first place.  Like the time I started cutting a hole in the wall for our tumble drier hose, almost in the wrong place....  soon got that fixed.  And the tiling in the kitchen waiting waiting waiting, so I put up some paper, that he didn't like, tiling... done...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Typical guy. As a last and final resort, we feel forced to read the manual. And, THAT is a sign of DEFEAT!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Roy M said:
Jackie you are devious, I like it. ;D
Well he does it to avoid ironing. One shirt takes 20 minutes, noooooooo..... ??

Rene T said:
No. It's just in her Scottish blood. She's always been that way.  :eek: ::) :-[ :-\ :'( ;D :D ;) 

Cheeky monkey  ;D

I go by the ?3-times? rule! As soon as I figure I?ve messed it up three times worse then when I started, I go look at the directions! 

I am a big time Read the instructions type guy.

When my baby girl was a baby, we got her a tricycle for her age. Well, the trike didn't have the instructions. It took me 3 hours to put about 8 parts together. What stump me was this piece I couldn't figure out where it went. It turned out that the piece was actually a tool to push on the cap end for the axles.

So from there on I have always read the directions. After all someone took the time to write them, I can at least read them. Besides I hate tearing the thing apart, because I unknowingly skipped a step during the assembly.

I am also the guy who separates all the bolts, nuts, washers, etc and parts before I even to begin reading the directions.

Back
Top Bottom