Open Road Tiffin Motorhomes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gc241

Any have/had a 28-30' Class A  of these before and opinion of them? I am looking at an 89' Class A 29' right now.

There are 2 of them in the park that I am in right now.  And  I am  in  a Tiffin as well. Stopped briefly and chatted with the other Tiffin owners. They had high praise for their rigs as well.

I have had 2 Tiffin Motorhomes in the past - a 1983 29' and a 1998 26'.  Both were built on a Chevy chassis with the 454 engine.  I loved both of them and would have bought a third one if I could have found the right one.  Tiffin provides excellent service as well and stands behind their products, even if you are not the original owner.  Ended up buying a nice used Fleetwood American Dream and I love it too.  Living in it full time now.

Dan

That was one of the classics of its era, and many of them still around. Not a late 80's Holiday Rambler or Foretravel, but a decent choice for that vintage of rig.

I looked at it yesterday at the so called RV Sales Lot and after I drove 2 hrs and was told befor that it all would be ready for me to test drive, the batteries were dead, and when they used another one, it had a hard time starting(starter gone), front hood was broken from the hinges, was there 5 minutes and walked off.

Good decision. If the thing wouldn't even start, you know that was only the tip of the iceberg. Finding a good used RV is mostly an exercise in patience and being familiar with what's out there, what you really want and what you can live with. We switched from a 1999 32 foot Tiffin Allegro, that we owned for nearly 13 years, to our current coach - primarily because Tiffin didn't have the floorplan we wanted. FWIW, we were very satisfied with our Tiffin. It was about as trouble-free a coach as you could hope for. Good luck with the hunt.

Kev

Thanks, not mention that they wanted cash up front first before they would even do anything, not a cashiers check.

I'm always amazed that Rv dealers won't make the slightest effort to make an RV show well to a prospective buyer. Every used car dealer knows that a good first impression makes sales and at better prices too, but Rv dealers all seem to think that is unnecessary.  And you would think that a salesman would at least go start an RV if he knew a potential buyer was coming to test drive it? Why would you want to begin your sales pitch with excuses for failure?  But they all seem to think that a glib "Don't worry - we will fix whatever is wrong" will cover it.

Apparently they think their best strategy is to fix ONLY what the customer notices is wrong, leaving the rest. That certainly doesn't inspire much confidence...

Thank you, your right on the money there. I am sure the owners would be upset if they knew that there consignment coach is being shown like that.

Well, a consignment is a different story. The dealer isn't going to spend his own money to make it look better - the seller has to authorize & pay for anything like that. However, I would still think the salesman would go out and try the starter before the customer arrived, just to make receiving a sales commission more likely. Doh!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom