Opinions on Georgie Boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kplender

I am looking at a 1998 Georgie Boy Class A for sale. I have heard that the quality of the Georgie Boy is not very good. That it is an entry level unit. I realize these are opinions, and everyone has one. I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions on these coaches in regards to quality, reliability, etc. Thanks in advance!

Can't vouch for others , but a friend of mine used to sell them.  His dealership no longer handles them.  The reason you stated is the same he told me.  The quality just isn't there. App;iances are the same on all units but the coach themselves are inadequate in his opinion.  Best I can offer. 
I've never owned one and have always shyed away for that reason.

1998 higher end coaches are very competitively priced and offer Far more quality.  My 2 cents
Joe

Georgie Boys are entry level coaches and, to some extent, you get what you pay for.  Once a coach gets several years old, fundamental differences in quality begin to show and the price difference between entry and high end diminishes.  Look around and see what else you can get for $10k-$20k more. You might be surprised.

one of my neighbors is an RV tech at one of the local dealers and sees all kinds of brands.  He has a very low opinion of Georgie boy.  I would recommend an older model MH from one of the better brands at about the same price as what you are willing to pay for the GB.  Newmar, Monaco etc. would be good candidates.

Back
Top Bottom