Opinions Sought on 2007 Fleetwood Expedition 38V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

Hi,

I've received an offer of one of the above (excellent condition - low mileage) at a VERY good price. It fits nearly all of my requirements and I believe I can modify it to meet the others at reasonable cost.

My question is; what experience have people had with this coach; quality, potential problems, 300HP enough power, etc, etc. Any and all comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ernie

Well Ernie, I looked at one and loved it. Was everything I wanted and more, but DW is holding out for a bath and a half.

I did some checking on the unit and found no bad reports at all.

Hope this helps

Steve

I assume that is the 300HP cat engine. I think the torque on that is 860ftlb. This with the 6 speed Allison should be fine for power. We had a 40 ft Monaco with a Cummins 330 and 950 ftlbs and it was fine. Yes you will slow down up the long 5 and 6% grades but that is true of almost all diesel motorhomes in the price range ( and considerable above).

ken

Hi Ernie --

Sorry for the slow response but we've been busy with other things and not on the Forum recently.

We have a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40X which is the same as the Expedition, only badged differently for dealer/marketing purposes.  Our only poor experiences were during the first year when we had to finish the work the factory and/or dealer should have done before delivery. Presumably the previous owner has done that work for you.

The major problem was the Power Gear electric leveling jacks and the control module which were inadequate and poorly protected from the environment. If the unit has the electric jacks be sure the recalls have been done.  Chances are that if they are currently functional, they have been fixed.

We have the 350 CAT, but I believe that it is the same as the 300 and is generally considered bullet-proof.

We've now crossed the 60K mark with very few problems and those have been attributable to longevity.

That's all I can think of right now.

Good Luck!

Don

We have a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40X which is the same as the Expedition, only badged differently for dealer/marketing purposes.

I believe it is the Providence that is badged the same as the Excursion, not the Expedition. The Expedition is a slightly lower-priced model, with a few less amenities and slightly less-robust chassis.  Not a lot of differences overall, though, and depending on how it is optioned it may not be much different at all.

Here is a link to the 2007 Expedition brochure on the Fleetwood site:

http://fleetwoodrv.com/frvlibrary/docs/2007/2007_exp_b.pdf

The Expedition has a Cat C7 engine @ 300hp and 860 lb-ft of torque.

If it suits you and the price is right, I see no reason not to go ahead with it.

My Fleetwood Expedition was a 2006 and I had very few real problems with it in the two years we owned it and rolled full time. We were very happy with it, had no warranty claims on the extended warranty until the last minute over the hot water mixing valve, which Don had a similar problem with.

I had one small issue with the electric jacks where one got out of sync but easily spun the motor manually and solved the problem. God bless the Forum.

We had plenty of power (we thought) to pull the Honda in the West, although going from 300hp to 450hp in the new coach, we realized we were a little undernourished. We had plans to chip the Cat this year, but then traded.

We actually were fine with the Expedition except for some remodeling that was on the board when we got to Oregon, but when Christi found the Tuscany in the shop while we were being serviced in Little Rock, we just changed coaches. It had everything we were upgrading to and more.

It was very inexpensive to operate.

Sorry I did not see this post before now. Let me know if you need to know anything specific.

Thanks for the responses; no apologies needed. I'm waiting for a response to some questions about the rig and, dependent on the answers, I may have some additional questions myself.

Again, Thanks for the responses,

Ernie

If it has the electric jacks I might consider that a deal breaker. They have proven to be very failure prone and I don't think the factory is warrantying them any longer.

Back
Top Bottom