Orvis Fly Fishing Guide - videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I've fly fished since I was a kid, primarily for trout, and some bass. Read many books and talked to many experienced anglers over the years. Also learned a lot just from 'doing'. This week I was stumbling around amazon prime (looking at/for fly fishing gear), and discovered a link to The Orvis Fly Fishing Guide (on amazon prime video). It covers fly fishing in various waters/conditions and various species of fish (not just trout). I haven't finished watching the series, but so far it's been worthwhile watching, even for this long-time fly fisherman.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxGQMCT70DALylKj9CQl2sw/videos 

Is that the one  you are talking about?

I started fly fishing when I was about 10 or 11 back in Pennsylvania.  Still have all my gear but haven't used it for the past 35 years.  It's astounding how much they are charging for rods and reels these days!

I'm watching it on amazon prime video (13 episodes).

I still have the 'split cane' fly rod I received for my 14th birthday, still in original condition. Can't recall what rod I used for fly fishing before that.

It's astounding how much they are charging for rods and reels these days!
You're not kidding. A few days ago I was looking around a local fly shop here in Star Valley, WY. It made my $500 Sage fly rod that I bought several years ago look cheap!

Back
Top Bottom