Our First Wedding Anniversity: July 9, 2006!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bruce,

Congratulations and good luck with the wedding.

Apologies, I didn't get around to dropping you a private note before I crashed last night.

Most of your message was a commercial ad for your business. Such messages violate the conditions you agreed to when you registered for an account here and are automatically moved out of sight. If you'd like you re-post your message without the ads, that would be fine.

Tom,

Nothing in that message was "advertising" I gave links to where people could see pictures of me and my bride and catch up on the news about what I've been up to and the new house I just bought.? ?All of my websites except the one in Portuguese have links to the RV forum on them. (check it out).? And all of my commercial ventures are taking place in Brazil, not the USA, how can that be construed as "advertising?" I'm not selling anything that would be of interest to anyone here unless someone is going to make a trip to Manaus and need a means to get online (unlikely).? Nobody here is going to buy a commercial VSAT in Brazil (the only place I'm allowed to sell). They were posted for information purposes--NOT advertising!

I thought there might be some interest in knowing what I've been up to and why I've been so busy and not? here much lately. I don't have time to post all of that information in a post, and I've never succeeded in posting pictures here. Posting a message in HTML format is impossible. I couldn't possibly post the information about what I've been doing without the links to the newsletters that I spent so many hours creating but can't re-create here, so I won't be reposting.

I guess I'm no longer considered a member of the "Framily" around here. I've always believed in the cross posting of information and the cross promotion of forums. As soon as I discovered that you left Compuserve, I redirected the RV forum links to the new website.? I can't link to here in the recommended forums list of my compuserve page an more? because they restrict us to compuserve forums. But most of my members are conditioned to come in through the web portal on RepbulicanForum.com, and there will always be a link to the RV forum there, regardless of the lack of reciprocation.

I'm still a full time RVer, and my wife will be joining me in this. I'll continue to provide links to this forum from all my web pages that are directed at the US audience, but I don't have time to spend where I'm not wanted or try to inform people of my activities that aren't interested and delete my wedding announcement.

If you want to continue this conversation take it to email, I doubt I'll be back in the near future. I really hate to lose all the relationships that have been built here over the years, but apparently nothing lasts forever.? Once I'm married, I'm going to have to spend less time online anyway and devote my energies toward my wife.

Goodbye, God Bless,? and good luck with your fourm, I find it sad that we've come to a parting of the ways.

[email protected] :(

Just your perspective Bruce. The only times you've posted here you seem to want to do something the forum isn't intended to do or complain because you can't follow the rules. I don't come to your forum and try to stir things up.

BTW you're always welcome here, but please follow the rules you agreed to. Congrats on the business venture. Looks like you might have a winner.

Thanks for the congrats, and apologies for not understanding the purpose of the forum.

I erroneously thought that one of the purposes, especially the "shade tree," was to keep in touch with our friiends and for each of us to let others know what we are up to.?

I see plenty of "Happy Anniversity" posts, that seems to be ok.? So I guess I'll just announce that.

My wife Sonia and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversity on July 9, 2006 just in case any one is interested and this post doesn't get deleted.

In case anyone is interested in the details,? send me an email and I'll give you the links that show pictures of my bride and our new house, which is also the location of our #######.

Disclaimer:? I am not trying to sell you anything.? ?::)

[email protected]

Bruce Patterson said:
My wife Sonia and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on July 9, 2006

Congratulations, Bruce.

It's been quite a while since we had dinner together in Salt Lake City.  I hope you can make it back here again.  We would like to meet your bride.

Phil

Why not attach a photo to your message Bruce?

Bruce Patterson said:
I've tried that before, but unsuccessfully.

Those were 14Mb files you tried to attach to a message. Few folks here have the ability to view such large files while on cell phones, so I put an upper limit on total file size and total attachment size. What's difficult to understand about that?

Bruce Patterson said:
I share your desire for me to come back to SLC with my bride and have dinner with you.
Send me your email address and I'll send you some links where you can see her picture.  I'm not allowed to post them here.

Bruce,

If you attach a pic here it has to be very small.

[email protected]

Phil

Phil

For clarification, inidividual files are currently limited to 256K and total combined attachments for a single message 500K. I can and do make exceptions for large/more files by having folks email me the files and I upload/attach them for the folks. I've even temporaily opened things up for folks to upload the stuff themselves. Allowing unlimited file sizes to be uploaded would leave it open to abuse, which we've already seen attempted. There's nothing unreasonable in that.

Tom,

Persona;;y I think it is a good policy since we have many of the framily that frequently use cell phones and dial up for accessing the forum.

Phil,

That's why I prefer posting a link.  It takes less than 30 seconds and those who are interested can click, those not don't have to.

Since you posted your email address, I'll email you the links.  I don't have the time or the energy to try to make my stuff fit here, I simply don't. 

Since Tom deleted my links, I'll simply share them with whoever wants to give me their email address.  It's not worth arguing about.  I'm busier right now than I've ever been in my entire life.  Imagine buying a hosue in foriegn country, starting a business in a foriegn country that is hostile to private businesses, and at the same time marrying a woman in a foriegn country that the USA doesn't look to kindly on giving visas to, and multipy by ten!

I'm up to my alligators in donkeys and don't know where my elbows are.

Check your email.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom