Our Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob McNabb

We're the kind of RVers who tour but don't often really "camp". We're often looking for an antique store or fine restaurant and have left the campfires of our past. It's not that we never lit the fire and enjoyed an evening with friends around a roaring fire, but it's more about creature comforts and creaky joints.?

I'm a semi-retired insurance broker with 55 years in the casualty insurance business and my clients are all business accounts. Annie, my wife, is retired? and owned Best Western hotels in Colorado. She was a widow and I a widower when we met 6 years ago. Lucky for both of us.

We are motorhoming about 80 days of each year. We've made a couple of cross-country trips but most of our RVing is in the West. I began motorhoming in 1993 and Annie had never RV'd until she met me.

I'm looking forward to our future discussions.

Welcom Bob! Great first name. [G]

Are youi still in Colorado? What kind of coach do you have?

We have a '90 Coachman Friendship that I added a Gearvendor Gear Splitter (installed in Denver) as these New Mexico mountains always seem to be between me and where we want to go. I used to live north of Santa Fe and there was no where to go but up! Here south of Albuquerque we can at least head south with a down hill run. [VBG]

Stop by some Wed evening at our Virtual Campfire, just hit the chat button in the menu bar about 7 PM Mountain time.

Again, welcome!

Bob & Annie

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in any of the ongoing discussions or start new discussions relation to our RVing lifestyle.  We welcome you to join in any of our RV Forum rallies that might be convenient for you.  Thanks for joining us.

This being Wed please join us at the virtual campfire by clicking the chat button at the top of the page.

Do you ever travel to Montana?

To Bob Maxwell....our motorhome is mentioned in our sig. Like you, the mountains ahead of us just needed a bit more power for us to feel like we enjoyed those climbs....and also to feel like we were controlling our descent.
While Annie and I love Colorado, and return there often (we love the new wineries in the Grand Valley) she came to the San Diego as a "snowbird" and later made this area her permanent home.

Thanks for the greeting.

Ron...Montana is the single state that I've never visited. My avid interest in Lewis & Clark has almost driven me there more than once....twice I was blocked by snow in early May.

We're actually considering Montana for our "long trek" in August.

Bob,

I became a real desert rat when I moved to the Imperial Valley @ El Centro in '76. We were on our second class C, a Coavhman Leprachaun. I love the Anza Bereggo and over several years we did all of US 1. I reluctantly left in '79 for Omaha. But Neb turned out to be an anser to years of prayer. Another story, another time.

Bob McNabb said:
Ron...Montana is the single state that I've never visited. My avid interest in Lewis & Clark has almost driven me there more than once....twice I was blocked by snow in early May.

We're actually considering Montana for our "long trek" in August.

Should you came to Montana plan a stop at Sam's Camp in Lewistown.  Lewistown is located in the center of the state 104 miles East of Great Falls.  They have a great Lewis & Clark museum in Great Falls.

Bob,

>>twice I was blocked by snow in early May. <<

If you come to western MT anytime of the year, be prepared for snow as it can happen any time, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, etc.? It is especially likely on Holidays!? VBG

If you get to the Bozeman area, we can park one in the drive.

Welcome,

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom