Outbreak of distemper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

I have heard there is a wide spread outbreak of distemper currently happening. Just wanted to pass the word.

Distemper is endemic, so an outbreak would be particular to a regional location, "hot spot". Is this happening in East Texas (OP's profile location) or somewhere else?

Where did you hear it?

Do you a link or a reference?
Could be related to this SPCA of Texas release:

SPCA of Texas Continues Suspension of Intake, Adoptions Due to Distemper Outbreak​

All Facilities Remain Closed to the Public through Mid-July

Remembering way back...and this thread reminded me......We had a mean little cat. He would sit on a stone wall at the entrance to our house. If someone walked by close enough ole Blackjack would take a round house swing at them....without his claws out. One day our neighbor lady, who had been whacked several times, came over. She didn't notice the cat and got a good whack on the shoulder. She just about jumped out of her shoes! I was sitting outside and she looked at me and said, "You HAVE to get that cat a distemper shot!" The funny part was....she was serious!

If you travel with a pet then you can afford gas/diesel and you can afford their vaccinations. Otherwise you could be spreading disease across the US.

If your dog is properly vaccinated, you should t have to worry. And if not, see what The Bar said above! There is no excuse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom