Outdoor storage considerations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have had enclosed storage since we bought our rig more than 4 years ago. The storage company was local, the site convenient, and the price was reasonable to us. Since we started there, the storage company was purchased by a national chain and the price has increased by 60%! We are looking at swapping to outdoor storage at a much, much cheaper rate, especially considering we are gone 6-8 months a year. What considerations should we be thinking about? Tire covers? Do you lock your storage bays (a bay repair costs a lot more than anything we have in one!)?
Did you find storage yet? I may be able to help with secure outdoor storage in the Riverside area.

Matt, we chose to stay with the same company and location, just moved to their outside storage area. We even got lucky and got an end spot that allows us to open the slides for packing! $379 down to $50/month seems worth it. And glad to see another Iowan here. Are you still working, or are you retired? We snowbird in Arizona during these cold Iowa winters.

Matt, we chose to stay with the same company and location, just moved to their outside storage area. We even got lucky and got an end spot that allows us to open the slides for packing! $379 down to $50/month seems worth it. And glad to see another Iowan here. Are you still working, or are you retired? We snowbird in Arizona during these cold Iowa winters
No problem. It definitely seems like its worth it for $50/month. I'm still working but in California at the moment. I have land that can be used for storage or extended stays if you ever find yourself going more west. I have a dump site on the property and working on extending water and electrical in case it's needed.
Nice meeting you though!

They are NOT being stolen for a reason,, they are not the same thing..>>>D
Yup. Diesel cat converters are not only harder to get to, they don’t have the precious metals that make gasoline cat converters a popular target for thieves looking to score from their local drug dealer.

Last edited:
We live in a mobile home park and received a letter yesterday they were doubling the cost outdoor RV storage. It is now $20 a month. I guess I better not complain about the increase.

We are paying $172 a month for covered storage for the fifth wheel and another $71 a month for outdoor storage for the truck. From what we could find around Richmond Virginia, that is a bargain.

Good for you Tony! Our price was ok when it was a locally owned place. Then it was sold to a big storage company with sites all over the country. All we saw as a benefit was much higher prices. The enclosed space with electricity was certainly handy when Kevin was working on the rig so much, but we pretty much have it the way we like it now so not much more work.

Back
Top Bottom