Outdoor TV mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

memtiger

I own a 2000 Fleetwood Flair and was thinking about attaching a tv mount to the outside. Is there a good reason why I shouldn't do this or any recommendations. I would like to occasionally have a football game on while at the fire. Didn't think about it much till the last time we went camping and you could hear the celebrations throughout the park and thought I don't see why I cannot just mount a bracket into a stud on ours. It just makes me hesitate thinking about putting a screw through the outside of the RV.

I have cable output in one of the bays on the passenger side patio. It works off the coach's antenna. If you have a ladder on your rv, you could mount a tv antenna mast to that with a couple of u bolts.

I think a small TV on a table would be much more useful. We have one mounted outside and it's never in the optimal place for viewing, so we rarely use it.

ChasA said:
I have cable output in one of the bays on the passenger side patio. It works off the coach's antenna. If you have a ladder on your rv, you could mount a tv antenna mast to that with a couple of u bolts.

I thought about using one of my one of my bays for the TV but think that might be a little low to throw a TV in. I could run a cable from the hookup through the bay on the other side so I have thought about that. Most places we would go would probably have a cable hookup so no need to worry about hooking into the antenna on top.

HappyWanderer said:
I think a small TV on a table would be much more useful. We have one mounted outside and it's never in the optimal place for viewing, so we rarely use it.

I haven't thought about the location not being ideal but I have thought about a possible swivel bracket. I have thought about just putting a tv on a table and its probably what we will do next time. I do have kids that run around and play ball & etc. so something on a table they will just have to be careful.

Most the time there's some sort of backer plate where the mount goes.  I'm not sure an RV stud would be strong enough.  Also, presumably the backer plates are located in places where they didn't route wires.

Goodspike said:
Most the time there's some sort of backer plate where the mount goes.  I'm not sure an RV stud would be strong enough.  Also, presumably the backer plates are located in places where they didn't route wires.

Ok, it would make sense to put some sort of support behind the paneling. I would not be happy to hang it then after a while it starts ripping the fiberglass.

We (will) have a setup for a projector. A popup projector screen, the projector on a table or something similar and connected to the speakers. Big screen, good viewing (although during the day it can be harder to see)...

I agree. We only use our projector during night so I decided to just get rid of that and instead use the tv. We currently don't have a mount for it so we just place it on a table outside and connect the wires passing by the window.

we put our on a slide out tray and we have a tv mount that slides out and tilts up. It works quite well.

Ok, it would make sense to put some sort of support behind the paneling. I would not be happy to hang it then after a while it starts ripping the fiberglass.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. What did you end up doing? I was going to run bolts for the mount all the way through the outside wall into the inside wall and use a backer plate for strength.........luckily where I want to mount it matches up perfect with the inside of my dinette seat storage on the inside. So it will be hidden.

Back
Top Bottom