Outlets Not Working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldgator73

2016 Winnabego Winnie Drop TT outlets not working. Microwave and fridge working and all DC stuff works. Turned all the breakers off and back on. Shouldn’t be any fuses that would affect the outlets. Any ideas?

What touchracing said... I found my AC outlets were wired through the vanity GFCI circuit and when it tripped all outlets were dead...

Besides GFCI if you were to open up any outlet and look you will find cheezy push on wire connectors. Over time these things loosten and the wire can fall out. Do you have any outlets that work? If so ztart at that one and check the wires. Oh and be sure your not connected to shore power when doing it!

My son checked for GFI being tripped and found none. When I go down next week I’ll check for a loose wire. I think I might know which one it is (There’s only 5). Thanks for the responses.

Over the years I've found GFCI outlets have a high failure rate. Pressing the reset button doesn't work or it immediately trips for no reason.

If the GFCI was not tripped, then you can test it by pressing the "test" button. It should trip. Then press the "reset" button, if it resets, this will confirm it's working properly. If you press the "test" button and you get no response or don't hear a click...then the GFCI may not have power, or it has failed and needs replacing.

Get a plug-in tester. Start with the GFCI and test receptacles in the order they work. Chances are you have and loose wire or bad receptacle. GFCI circuit usually includes the galley, outside locations, bathroom, and possible a few other.

Loose or broken wire(s) will cause each receptacle beyond the bad one not to work. If all the receptacles test good, check the breaker. Also, get a volt meter. In the event your plug in tester shows an open circuit, use the meter to check voltage. Could be a bad receptacle.

RV receptacles are not like household inasmuch as they open on the backside to place the wires in teeth like slots. I found it easier to modify the receptacle mounting area and use a household gang box with standard receptacle. Attach wires with the screws. They make for a tighter connection. The RV type require a special tool to install the wires which can be expensive.

Best to you. Happy Trails!

Last edited:
My son checked for GFI being tripped and found none. When I go down next week I’ll check for a loose wire. I think I might know which one it is (There’s only 5). Thanks for the responses.

Found no GFI’s or found none tripped. You definitely have a GFI.

None tripped. But the son is a carpenter and welder so GFI’s aren’t in his wheelhouse. I’ll look at it next week.
Let us know what you find. But John from Detroit makes a good point. Sometimes they hide a GFCI in the patio receptacle. Good luck gator.

Old post, but the same thing happened to me and the switch on the fold down sink was not engaged. Half the stuff would work.

I failed to post an update. Sorry. A couple of years ago I moved an outlet from under the dinette to side of the sink cabinet. It’s a GFI outlet. It’s Hard to see unless you are sitting on that side of the dinette. It was tripped.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom