Overhead Bunk Sheets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwilds

We just got our new Minnie 31C and our overhead Cab bunk is 56 x 80.  I have looked at camping world for sheets and they have 60x80 and what not, but I am not sure if the 4 extra inches are going to make a huge difference or not?  Has anyone else had experience with this?  In the past I have made my own sheets to fit the funky shaped mattresses in RV, but with a 2.5 and 4.5 year old kids, I am a little busy.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

J

jwilds said:
We just got our new Minnie 31C and our overhead Cab bunk is 56 x 80.? I have looked at camping world for sheets and they have 60x80 and what not, but I am not sure if the 4 extra inches are going to make a huge difference or not?? Has anyone else had experience with this?? In the past I have made my own sheets to fit the funky shaped mattresses in RV, but with a 2.5 and 4.5 year old kids, I am a little busy.? Any suggestions are appreciated.?

J

I have found that making a? bottom sheet which is? bit bigger than the mattress is fairly easily solved by just taking? in the? pockets on the sheet corners? with a parallel straight seam.? This decreases the size somewhat of the bottom? sheet.? It is not perfect but it is a whole lot easier than making your own sheet.? When the top sheet is a bit too big it has not mattered to me.? You will just have more to hang over and tuck in on the sides. If you have the sewing machine out I would also make the top sheet fitted corners at the bottom for easier use in making the bed.? It will keep the top sheet from pulling out at the bottom.? Those overhead bunks are hard to make.? I have tried those garter? strap? elastic things on the corners and found they do not work at all.?
Betty

I'm going to do about the same thing Betty suggests.  I have a small full size sofabed that's about the same dimensions as your bunk.  I'll just take a tuck in a full size sheet. 

What I haven't figured out is how to make a sheet for sleeping on the couch when it's not opened to a bed that will tuck over the back of the couch, down the back, across the seat and around the corners of the seat and tuck into the crease between the back and the seat.  I just have lots of fabric that I tuck in there.  I like to come down the back of the couch to try to prevent as much wear and tear as possible.

I also use two piled foam mattress pads to soften the couch.  Since I cut twin size pads down to couch seat depth, I have lots of mattress pad cover left over.  The cover zips along three sides.  I'd like to take the cover in to fit the smaller pads and possibly retain the zipper capability without having to add a whole new zipper.

--pat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom