Overnight Stops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

What are your favorite overnight stops when traveling north to south or vice versa New England to Florida?? Park info no walmarts or truck stop info please.

Rob, our usual overnights have always been Walmarts or Flying J's as traditionally campgrounds up north had already closed down when we left late November or December.  Night 1 was at the Interstate Plaza in York, ME, or the Tourist information center at the MA CT border.  next night at either Flying J on I 81 just west of Washington DC.  The Flying J in Fort Chiswell, is convenient, as is the one in Dade City.
    Ed

Where are you now Rob and when are you leaving. We head south hopefully on Oct 4th.  MY DW has to have a sleep study done tonight for possible sleep apnea. If she has it, then we need to see a doctor for a prescription, fax it over to our home care provided, set up a appointment to have a rep come to the house to set up a machine and fit her for a mask.  This all takes time.

Hey Rene! We?re leaving around 10/26, I just had a huge cervical spine surgery and I won?t be ready to run the miles until then. We?re staying at Bay Bayou this year in Tampa, wanted to go to Arizona this winter it the recovery is holding me back. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP every night, what a difference!! I wouldn?t mind truck stops for overnight stays but the boss wants all the amenities so I just drive ?

Rob VanVoorhis said:
I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP every night, what a difference!! ?

I do too but mine is a mild case. If I go a night without using it, I don't feel any different the next day.

You and the missus will have to join us for our annual lunch in January, usually in Lakeland.  Rene is set up there and I'm in Pinellas Park

Ed

Rob VanVoorhis said:
Hey Rene! We?re leaving around 10/26, I just had a huge cervical spine surgery and I won?t be ready to run the miles until then. We?re staying at Bay Bayou this year in Tampa, wanted to go to Arizona this winter it the recovery is holding me back. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP every night, what a difference!! I wouldn?t mind truck stops for overnight stays but the boss wants all the amenities so I just drive ?

Loved Bay Bayou when we stayed there.
I understand the amenities too.

couple years ago we stopped for a night at New Green Acres CG
V7MM+GH Walterboro, South Carolina
right off I-95 and they had a nice self check-in stand for after hours.  Lots of spaces....nothing fancy but I thought it was a good stop.
newgreenacres.com

One of our favorite overnight stops is Ft Chiswell RV Park at the I-81/I-77 junction. Almost all sites are pull-thru and the free WiFi is usually pretty good for normal browsing. The park is just off I-81, but is very quiet as it's on the back side of a ridge. There's a Flying J with a Denny's restaurant at the exit.

NY_Dutch said:
One of our favorite overnight stops is Ft Chiswell RV Park at the I-81/I-77 junction. Almost all sites are pull-thru and the free WiFi is usually pretty good for normal browsing. The park is just off I-81, but is very quiet as it's on the back side of a ridge. There's a Flying J with a Denny's restaurant at the exit.

One of the best. We travel your routes whenever going to New England locations or up state NY. Here is a picture of our rig ( 57' as seen here) on a misty day.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=12388

Here is another one to consider going south from I-26. It's just off I-95 in Walterboro, SC. Easy right exit with fuel on both sides of the park exit road. Green Acres RV Park.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=12862

FastEagle said:
One of the best. We travel your routes whenever going to New England locations or up state NY. Here is a picture of our rig ( 57' as seen here) on a misty day.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=12388

Here is another one to consider going south from I-26. It's just off I-95 in Walterboro, SC. Easy right exit with fuel on both sides of the park exit road. Green Acres RV Park.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=12862

That Ft Chiswell pic must go back a few years. Those concrete picnic tables are all gone now, replaced with conventional wood tables. :)

We've considered Green Acres a couple of times, but it hasn't fit in with our other scheduling yet. By the time we hit I-95 from I-26, we're close enough to a longer term stop in GA to keep going. We'll probably get there eventually though...

going to follow post, we are leaving Bar Harbor on OCT 10th and will need a few stops. DW is thinking Ogunquit, ME and then Salem, MA. She has Newburgh, NY, Lehighton, Pa and Harpers Ferry, WV on the tentative route.

If you're looking for campgrounds, there are none in Ogunquit.  Nearby Wells (7 miles north via Rte 1, exit 19 from I-95) offers several.  We highly recommend Sea-Vu West https://sea-vuwest.com/.  Friendly staff, immaculate grounds, lots to do and see nearby. 

Rob VanVoorhis said:

RvParkreviews.com and AllStays.com

If you're coming down the Eastern coastal area and want to get around Jacksonville, take US 301 out of Orangeburg, SC.
Just after you get to FL, there is a nice LITTLE RV Park that will let you unwind from the road trip and catch your breath before dealing with Florida Traffic. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34111-d1646164-Reviews-Kelly_s_Countryside_RV_Park-Callahan_Florida.html

Back
Top Bottom