Owners Manuals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B

bucks2

I've seen several people post that RV's don't have owners manuals. At least one manufacturer did take the time and effort to make a comprehensive manual with instructions on how to properly use the equipment in that particular unit. I can't believe that Beaver would be the only company to do this.

Perhaps it would be helpful to others to know which rigs came originally with an owners manual in addition to the individual manuals for each component. To give an idea of what Beaver did, I've posted some pictures with this of the content of the manual.

If you'd like to help others please add your model and some description of what your manual covers.

Ken
2007 Beaver Contessa

Attachments

• 023a.jpg
    023a.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 024a.jpg
    024a.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 47
  • 027a.jpg
    027a.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 26
More pictures

Attachments

• 032a.jpg
    032a.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 034a.jpg
    034a.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 037a.jpg
    037a.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 038a.jpg
    038a.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 22
Okay, I've got a 1996 Lance truck camper, I bought it used and the prior owner handed me a 5" thick chunk of paper operations and installation manuals that included the camper manual and all the component manuals.  Since then, I've found nearly every manual online in PDF format.  I've added service manuals were I could find them and I store them all on my IPad along with my truck manuals.

Thanks for posting that question.

I can't believe that Beaver would be the only company to do this.

They aren't/weren't; Click the Resources button above and scroll down to Owners/User Manuals. Our Monaco came with a decent owner manual. But, the manuals from the various appliances, systems, and chassis manufacturers include additional &/or more comprehensive info. An example in your attached photos would be the Allison manual.

In many cases, including our Monaco and I suspect your Beaver, there's some overlap between the coach owners manual and some of the 'component' user manuals.

Thanks Howard; I updated the link in our Resources file.

The "owner manuals" vary all over the map in terms of comprehensiveness and quality. Most are somewhat generic, covering several models and all their options & features , whether installed or not. The Fleetwood manuals are a case in point - there is rarely any info as to the location of switches, fuses, shut-off valves, etc. that owners really need to know about. Winnebago and Monaco/HR do a  better job in that regard.

Country Coach supplies manuals on electrical,plumbing,heating & chassis schematics.

They also include detailed operations of all supplied house items.

Like with my RV I looked up every manual for each device and went from there. But after buying the RV come to find up all the paper manuals where in the cabinet.  ::)

Our Pursuit came with a fairly complete manual including all schematics and piping diagrams that show the locations of valves and switches. Additionally, we got all of the equipment manuals (refrig, ac, furnace, etc.)

Ernie

Ken,

Our Beaver came with a manual like yours, but model specific to our Monterey. We think it was a huge improvement from the manual we had for our Holiday Rambler Endeavor. One of the most frustrating things in that manual was the printed narrative about certain functions, but then no corresponding picture of the switch or valve or where it was located.

Interesting that they were both Monaco products.

Stan

Our Beaver also has a model specific manual, though it's very similar to the online version of the 2008 Monaco Dynasty, both of which cover nearly everything in the coach, including most optional items. It gives operating details for most things that are installed in the coach, and is a drastic improvement over the manual that came with the 2010 Fleetwood Bounder we had. The Beaver also came with a comprehensive book of wiring diagrams, though they aren't indexed. That's in addition to the manuals for all third party systems on board, from Aladdin to electronically controlled lighting to all appliances to water filters and more.

More pictures
I just bought a 1999 marquis jasper. I need shop manuals for the different components, generator electrical, etc plus an owners manual that tells you how to work everything. Do I need to contact beaver directly to find one

I just bought a 1999 marquis jasper. I need shop manuals for the different components, generator electrical, etc plus an owners manual that tells you how to work everything. Do I need to contact beaver directly to find one
You’re far more likely to get better response if you start a new thread instead of adding to one that’s 11 years old.

I think it would get you more responses if you started your own post rather than attach your question to the end of an 11 year old thread.

Beaver many years back was bought out by Monaco, who owned them when those superb manuals were made. But Monaco has gone through changes now, too, and Idon't think they have any of that available now.

I have PDFs of owner's manuals for a couple of Monaco coaches including the 2007 Patriot Thunder I had and another from the same period, but they're not shop manuals, and I don't know whether they would be useful for you.

Beaver doesn't exist any longer. Nor does it's last parent company, Monaco. Rev Group now owns the Beaver brand name, but they don't build or market that brand, nor do they provide support for older models.

There are no "shop manuals" for motorhomes like there are for cars & trucks, but you may be able to find service or troubleshooting manuals for some components and appliances. Examples include Atwood furnaces & water heaters, Onan generators, and Norcold & Dometic fridges. Also for engines (Cummins or Cat) and Allison transmissions, but probably not for a complete motorhome chassis of that vintage. A 1999 Beaver would have utilized a Safari Magnum chassis and Magnum haven't been made since about 2003.

You need to identify the major components used in your coach and start searching the internet for component manuals.

Back
Top Bottom