Owning Goodyear Endurance tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayflight

I had an interesting event happen to me this past week. I have owned and run these tires for three TTs. I ran over what looked like a roofing nail since I had a bif recessed pattern in the rubber around a hole in my seam between the tread. I was going along and a fellow came along side telling me that I had a tire that had blown out. I pulled over the outside only of the side wall had blown completely out. The rest of the tire was in tack. I guess the nail came out and the lose of air created heat build up and deteriation of the tire running on the road. It was hot to touch but the tire did not come completely apart and tear the wheel wells and fender apart. Whether this was that I had not gone far enough or the tire's quality was such that it held together. I guess luck was on my side anyway. The other three have close to 20, 000 miles on them now. So I am ready to replace them anyway, even though the other three have okay tread left. But I do like to change before I need them. Sadly I am getting the same story of " the supplies are limited for the 15 inch tires. But I do give them my five star rating.

The tires were on this camper for one year. they were dated March 2020.

I heard recently from one of my vendors that they won't start production on the Endurance tires until around February so you might have trouble finding any. Not sure if the fact it was an Endurance tire had anything at all to do with the fact it has not come apart.

I heard recently from one of my vendors that they won't start production on the Endurance tires until around February so you might have trouble finding any. Not sure if the fact it was an Endurance tire had anything at all to do with the fact it has not come apart.
Well the hundreds of pictures showing horrific destruction of the sides of rvs and the tales from numerous people with issues right of the sales lots with tires blowing apart, I feel pretty confident with my seasoned mileage tires even with what appears to be big nail with a big head that caused my tire issue with a lot less damage. Maybe i was just lucky.

Well the hundreds of pictures showing horrific destruction of the sides of rvs and the tales from numerous people with issues right of the sales lots with tires blowing apart, I feel pretty confident with my seasoned mileage tires even with what appears to be big nail with a big head that caused my tire issue with a lot less damage. Maybe i was just lucky.
I wonder if maybe those hundreds of pictures were of people that were not fortunate enough to have someone warn them like you were. I don't believe that it had anything to do with Goodyear doing anything special with their tire.

I wonder if maybe those hundreds of pictures were of people that were not fortunate enough to have someone warn them like you were. I don't believe that it had anything to do with Goodyear doing anything special with their tire.
Well I cannot speak of comparing the materials of all brands of tires. But we also know that the Chinese tires have been shown to come completely apart, throwing large chunks up and tearing apart pieces of the wheel wells. This did not happen at my 60 mph that i normally average towing myself. The side wall on the outside of the tire was the only part that came apart.

So whether its the materials and or the method of construction , which is probably the same of domestic and foreign made tires that made the difference, I will never know and speak as any authority.

But between three TTs using these tires and now with probably a documented total miles of 40 to 45 thousand miles on them, winter and summer across country, in my mind I believe there are differences that"s proven out for me personally.

It’s great piece of mind, the TPMS.

Well I cannot speak of comparing the materials of all brands of tires. But we also know that the Chinese tires have been shown to come completely apart, throwing large chunks up and tearing apart pieces of the wheel wells. This did not happen at my 60 mph that i normally average towing myself. The side wall on the outside of the tire was the only part that came apart.

So whether its the materials and or the method of construction , which is probably the same of domestic and foreign made tires that made the difference, I will never know and speak as any authority.

But between three TTs using these tires and now with probably a documented total miles of 40 to 45 thousand miles on them, winter and summer across country, in my mind I believe there are differences that"s proven out for me personally.
Well after selling quite a few Goodyear tires years ago and selling some still when people ask for them I do not believe for a second that they have put any type of special run flat technology in their trailer tires. I do remember when the Marathon was the next great thing.

Well after selling quite a few Goodyear tires years ago and selling some still when people ask for them I do not believe for a second that they have put any type of special run flat technology in their trailer tires. I do remember when the Marathon was the next great thing.
People are free to buy whatever brand they wish. But to date I have not found a single retail dealer willing to stand behind most of the imported tires. I personally know that I can go to most any Goodyear dealer and maybe not get a replacement new tire, but I can be relatively sure that I got a human being to talk with and will probably get me a replacement of the same tire under normal conditions anyway.

I don't blame any tire maker for my blow out. But I did not have to begin to make a bunch of repairs. I bought new generic tires and went on my way camping. Maybe I should have gone and purchased a lottery ticket that day. :cool::p

If you buy a run of the mill and random TT in particular , its been my experience that you never know what brand X that you will be getting and the manufacturer date in particular. And no I am not a traveling tire salesman for Goodyear.;):):p:p:p

Run any tire that lost pressure long enough and it will shred all the way down to the wheel...and then start on the wheel. Steel wheels make a beautiful spark show at nite and at 2am can get your attention fast. When I was on the road I've had that happen more than a few times.
Hell even a commercial grade all steel ply carcass load G tire will shred under those circumstances.

Goodyears Endurance is better suited for rv trailers as most rv trailer owners may put 5k-7k miles in a 4-5 year period. As the OP stated with 20k miles the trailer needs new tires already which would be normal for the Endurance with only 8/32nds of tread depth.
For those that travel say 10-15k miles a year I would be looking for a tire with more tread depth.

I remount all my trailers with 5k-6k axles with 16" LT E or my heavier trailers with 7k-8k axle I use 16" commercial grade all steel carcass load Gs.
These gets me 50k-55k on the LT E tires and 75k plus miles for the load G tires on my heaver trailers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom