paint question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckle823

Guys, I have a 2000 24' Fleetwood Wilderness TT. The frame and tongue paint is looking pretty bad (the previous owners stored it outside in Michigan winters). I'm thinking of hitting it with some Rustoleum Rust Reformer as a base coat, then balck paint. Any other ideas on that? Thanks.

buckle823 said:
Guys, I have a 2000 24' Fleetwood Wilderness TT. The frame and tongue paint is looking pretty bad (the previous owners stored it outside in Michigan winters). I'm thinking of hitting it with some Rustoleum Rust Reformer as a base coat, then balck paint. Any other ideas on that? Thanks.

I have used this on my prior RV with excellent results

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=374&itemType=CATEGORY

Depending where you are in Michigan, if you can drive into Canada conveniently, consider using Tremclad brand paint.  This paint is not sold in the U.S. unfortunately, but is sold in all hardware stores, Home Depot etc in Canada.  It does not require any primer, and all you have to do is brush away loose flaking paint.

I've used it for years on all types of applications including the frame of our motorhome with much better results than I have ever had with Rustoleum paint.

I do not have experience with Rustoleum Rust Reformer, however.

Tremclad is sold as rustoleum at Home Depot here in the states. I had the same question when painting a car and did the research. It's pretty good stuff and you can roll it easy if you thin it with mineral spirits. Requires about 3 coats to look really good.

Back
Top Bottom