Pantry and kitchen organization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuts_up

How do you organize yours?  I'm wondering if I'm making the most of my space.

Pantry - food items - boxes, bags, spices, jars, bottles

Dinette drawers - 1 side holds cookware.  The other side holds canned foods, potatoes, and a large pitcher that won't fit into an upper cabinet.  I have quite a bit of space left in this one.

Microwave - when we are moving I keep bread and a few snacks in the microwave.

Oven - I have a dishpan that I fill with different things.  On the last trip I kept produce in the oven when it wasn't in use.  I don't leave the pilot on.  When I used the oven I set the dishpan of food on a dinette bench.

Upper cabinets and drawers - dishes, utensils, plastic storage bags and wraps.

Cabinet under sink - one side has the trash can.  The other side has a slide out basket meant for a trash bag, but we keep liquor bottles in it.

When not in use, a crockpot is a great place to hide cookies hee hee
Zip locks bags have become one of my favorites, there is just no end to they're usefulness!

I had a 12-qt pot in one of the closets.  I didn't even think about storing stuff inside it.  :p

I often keep the bread in the microwave but have sometimes had trouble with the bread going moldy.

Karl said:
Wendy,So what's wrong with a little Penicillin? ::)

Not a thing. But I like to feed the moldy bread to the ducks....keeps them healthy. :)

As for pots and pans, most are in the drawer under the stove. The crockpot and big pasta pot are in one of the outside bays. The REALLY big pots (used for canning) are going to be stored at my sister's house in Utah. I figure I can stop by there a couple times a year to do canning....not that an RV is a good place for home canned goods.

I often keep the bread in the microwave but have sometimes had trouble with the bread going moldy.

For years I've kept our bread in the freezer because we don't eat it fast enough and it gets moldy.  Also, in dry climates, it dries out too fast.

If I remember soon enough I just take it out of the freezer to let it thaw.  BUT, that said, most of the time I don't remember or even think of it so a few seconds in the mircrowave thaws it out.  ;)

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom