Parallax 7100 Series Inverter Issue_Lights flicker and only work on battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick and Emily

Trying to determine what issue is. From what I researched seems to be power inverter but wanted feedback to confirm. All DC items (lights, fridge, slide out, etc) only work on battery, and battery is not staying charged. Drains battery over a short period of time and then lights start to flicker and all DC items stop working. I swap in a charged battery and it works fine again for another day or so. Everything else on straight AC is working normal.

I can shut "GEN" breaker on inverter and still works the same as noted above. Could it just be the breaker? Just wanted to mention it.

Attachments

• IMG_3490.jpeg
    IMG_3490.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3491.jpeg
    IMG_3491.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 5

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
You don't have an "inverter" - just a 7100 12v converter/charger, and GEN means "general purpose" branch circuit. It has nothing to do with the operation of the charger; that breaker just feeds 120v power to some outlets.

By your description, it sounds as though the converter/charger isn't either converting or charging. A quick verification of that would be to connect a voltmeter across the battery terminals while the RV is plugged to shore power and a few lights are on. If the voltage is less than 13.0, the converter/charger isn't working and will probably need to be replaced. You can get replacement innards for the 7100, or replace the entire unit. However, first check the two 30A "reverse polarity" fuses at the top of the 12v fuse panel. One or both may be blown and that kills the converter output.

Rick and Emily

Thanks for the feedback and clarification. I will double check the 30A fuses but i am pretty sure they were not blown. Looks like a new replacement power center it is.

Top Bottom