Parking for Oversized Vehicles at Portland, OR, Airport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JudyJB

Has anyone ever parked an oversized vehicle (motorhome or trailer) at the Portland, Oregon, airport?

I have parked at several other airports across the country, but cannot find any information about oversized vehicle parking at this one.

There is a Camping World about three miles from the airport. I'd suggest leaving the RV at Camping World and Uber to the airport.

We had to go to the San Francisco airport one time and a Camping World 40 miles south of it allowed us to leave our motorhome in their lot overnight so we could drop off some relatives the next day. 

I need to be gone about 10 days. 

I have parked my motorhome safely several times in on-airport lots at Las Vegas Airport and Salt Lake City Airport, as well as in Orlando, but can't find much information about Portland.  I full-time, so it is important that my belongings be safe while I am gone.  If I could find a secured storage facility in a safe area, that would be good, also. 

Many airports have large vehicle long term lots with high prices.. (or long term car lots with high prices)

Many also have nearby fields in which a company will let you park you vehicle..  You may need to pay double for a motor home or even triple if you have a trowed.. Then they haul your bod to the terminal and back as part of the "Rent"  Last flight I took that's how I parked.. Just a car though.

We have a hotel near the Boston airport which allows us to keep our car there for a week with no charge if we stay one night and also have a shuttle to get to the airport. Maybe you could locate a hotel close by with shuttle service and stay for 1 night in one of their rooms. Maybe work out a deal for 10 days.

Judy is asking for specific information about parking at the Portland, OR airport.  Does anyone have information pertinent to her request?

Thanks.  I will give them a call.  The other option I thought about is to pay for a month at an RV storage place if they will let me do that.  The only problem is that I looked at several near the airport, and they all looked kind of crummy and were located in a bad area.  Need to look further out and then Uber to airport.

This clown post about six ads per day on craigslist and has for years. MAYBE worth a look.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/prk/d/portland-rvs-boats-cars-and-trucks-we/6801433683.html

Here is another but likely $$$ https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/prk/d/portland-rv-storage-detailing-service/6806751441.html

Another that might work. Should be reasonable access to get to PDX.
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/prk/d/portland-rv-high-vehicle-storage/6795529019.html

What time frame? My landlord may have an open spot but it is in the Tigard area so it is a ways to PDX.

There are a couple of off airport lots that might take large vehicles.  I know when I used to fly out of PDX and parked at the cheapest lot there was one exit lane that you could go through.  They do have shuttle busses thst drive the lots for passangers.  But at $10+ dollars a day I would look elsewhere.  Can you fly out of Eugene instead?

One time that we needed to store our RV during a trip, we arranged with a RV park to put it in their storage lot.  We were returning late at night and the regular storage places would have been closed.  They ended up parking us on a hookup site, but only charged us for storage.

Jeannine

Thanks for all the ideas, but IKEA is out even if they allowed it.  I am a full-timer and have literally almost everything I own in my motorhome, including spare electronics.  I also have an electric bike in a locked bike rack on the back.  I do not want to have to worry about someone breaking in while I am gone.  I am even going to leave all my food in my refrigerator while I am gone.  (Have left it for 6 extremely hot days in Salt Lake City with no problems last year, but may cut my trip to 8 days.

I don't mind paying $10 - $15 per day for parking, but it has to be secure and monitored.  I will check into campgrounds nearby that might have secure storage. 

I can fly out of Eugene, but I have a voucher worth $450 from Southwest that I would like to use and Southwest does not fly to Eugene.  Also, Eugene has fewer and more expensive flights than Portland. 

There are several parks within a few minutes of PDX.  Cant remember the name, but one about 5 minutes west on Marine Drive, and there is Portland/Fairview maybe 15 minues east.  Either one would be way more secure than the airport lots.  They have lots of brake ins each month.

Back
Top Bottom