Parking in San Francisco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadtrekker1

We have a 19 foot motor home so we can pretty much park anywhere a car can except in a garage where we would be too tall. I keep hearing how "tight" parking is in San Francisco but wondered if any of you has actually been there and tried to find a place to park in the city.
Thanks for any info you can give me!

I've seen  numerous class C motorhomes in and around San Francisco and parked at many of the tourist spots. When we have visitors from out of town, we usually take them around the sights in our Suburban and have little trouble parking. Fisherman's Wharf might be tough for you because of the multi-story parking garages, but last time we were there we were able to get into a surface parking lot part way along the Wharf. Look for the large elevated 'Fisherman's Wharf' sign &/or Aliotto's second floor restaurant and turn into the lot right there. It's a little walk from there back to Pier 39, but not too far.

roadtrekker1 said:
We have a 19 foot motor home so we can pretty much park anywhere a car can except in a garage where we would be too tall. I keep hearing how "tight" parking is in San Francisco but wondered if any of you has actually been there and tried to find a place to park in the city.
Thanks for any info you can give me!

A few years ago my sister and her family (husband, two teenage girls) drove out from the East Coast in their Vanagon.  They wanted to go to Fisherman's Wharf, of course.  I told them what corner to meet me on.  When I got there I had to drive around for about fifteen minutes looking for a place to park (I don't like to pay more than parking meter rates, if possible, so I didn't want a parking lot.)  It was about a ten minute walk from where I parked to the corner where I was supposed to meet my sister, but I had arrived a half hour early, so I actually got to that corner five minutes ahead of time.  When I got there I couldn't believe my eyes.  There was my sister's Vanagon, parked legally in the closest parking spot to the corner!  I asked her how she got such a great parking space, and she just looked at me and said that they drove to the corner where they were supposed to meet me, and there was a parking spot!  Some people are just lucky!

Of course, it also depends on what day you want to park and what time of day!  Going "downtown" on a weekday when all the worker-bees are there, it is almost impossible to park on the street - ditto the parking garages that are pricey to say the least.  But, it's amazing how much parking can be found around the tourist attractions.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Of course, it also depends on what day you want to park and what time of day!  Going "downtown" on a weekday when all the worker-bees are there, it is almost impossible to park on the street - ditto the parking garages that are pricey to say the least.  But, it's amazing how much parking can be found around the tourist attractions.

ArdraF

This reminds me of a couple of years back. My son picked me up at Oakland Airport and delivered me over to St. Francis. He paid $48 up front to park in their garage. I was a little shocked and he said 'Welcome to San Francisco Dad'. I said 'ya but I only paid $39 to fly up here from Los Angeles on Jet Blue!!!!'

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom