parking overnight at walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One problem with these apps is a lack of accuracy, as well as outdated information. Based on this thread I took a new look at one of these apps (RV Parky), looking at my home town it shows that no RV's are allowed at Walmart, based on a couple of comments 2-3 years ago saying people had been told it was no longer allowed. However I know I have driven by there since then and seen up to 4 or 5 RV's in the parking lot at 9 or 10 pm. It also shows a free RV campground a local city park, which does not exist (the park has a free dump station, but no campground, as confirmed by speaking with the city director of public works).

When traveling we usually pull in around 9-10pm and leave out by 8am.
We used to do travel days like that too. Now that we have retired, we drive 6-8 hours a day on “big” travel days, 4-5 hours on “normal” travel days. It took us a couple of years to get out of the “gotta go” mentality, but it is worth it. Now that you have retired, let the time relax some.

One problem with these apps is a lack of accuracy, as well as outdated information. Based on this thread I took a new look at one of these apps (RV Parky), looking at my home town it shows that no RV's are allowed at Walmart, based on a couple of comments 2-3 years ago saying people had been told it was no longer allowed. However I know I have driven by there since then and seen up to 4 or 5 RV's in the parking lot at 9 or 10 pm. It also shows a free RV campground a local city park, which does not exist (the park has a free dump station, but no campground, as confirmed by speaking with the city director of public works).
This is spot on. I admit being delinquent in updating reviews pf the places I stayed. It's on my "now retired" to do list though...

You have to take the reviews seriously and caveat RVer depending on old reviews. The good news is like Chandler, AZ there were several options. We had a desire to be as close as possible to a friend who lives there in a sticks and bricks so we checked out his "closest" WM.

I agree reviews are important, though not always helpful. We spent 4 nights at a municipally operated campground in TN, similar to a typical fair grounds campground a couple of weeks ago due to it being the closest option to my sister in laws house (9 miles / 20 minutes drive time vs 16-18 miles for the second / third nearest). The place had a 3 star rating average on most of the ratings sites (campground reviews, etc.), with many 1 and 2 star reviews mixed in. Going in I was not sure how bad it would be, but it worked fine for us as a place to sleep, it was row after row of grass and gravel sites spaced less than 15 feet apart (tight enough that I had a hard time getting to our water hookups due to our neighbors slide being out). Still based on some of the reviews had my concerns on if the coach would be there when we got back. Reality was the place was not that bad, it was just expensive for what you got at $45 per night, which I think effected many of the reviewer comments.

i never talked to a manager or any one else once in several hundred nights.
So your saying park in a spot not to inconvenience anyone, and that should be ok. I am heading to Eugene, OR in days, and when I go to sleep don't want to be awakened at 3 am by the police.

So your saying park in a spot not to inconvenience anyone, and that should be ok. I am heading to Eugene, OR in days, and when I go to sleep don't want to be awakened at 3 am by the police.
It would not be the police who woke you up, it would be Walmart security. And they would not wait until three, they would show up right after you parked. Like I said, I spent hundreds of nights in Walmart parking lots. I only got tossed out two or three times. If you really want to be sure just visit overnight RV parking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom