Part numbers for older RVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
We've had 2 RV shops attempt to get a part number for one of our holding tanks that has been leaking so we can get it replaced.  After several weeks, they claim to have been unable to get the information.  Yesterday, I sent an email to Monaco tech support ([email protected]) with the year, make, model, serial no. and VIN no. of our coach and received a reply this morning with the part numbers for all of our tanks.  I have no idea what channels the RV shop was using but a simple email is all it took.  So if you need any info on your older RV, try the manufacturer, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Ned:

In the airplane business the non OEM service centers almost always tried to find aftermarket parts because the OEMs will not give them a discount. I wonder if the RV business is the same?

Perhaps, but it's much easier to find aftermarket parts if you have the OEM part number.  If they can't get the part, they don't get the labor for installing it either.

Monaco just looks after their customers.

Well, they just sent me the part number, they didn't offer to send me the part :)

They'll sell it to you  ;D  Monaco parts aren't cheap, but they do come through for their customers, including the ones who bought coaches from the companies they acquired.

A lot of the manufactures will not service the repair trades.  For instance, a HR dealer could not get the wiper motor number from HR.  I got it in 5 minutes.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom