Paul McCartney concert in Orlando 5/28/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

The thing I am most proud of is that I cannot remember how many times I have seen Paul in concert. It is around 8 or 9 times. When I saw him at Dodger Stadium three years ago it was the last stop of a long tour and his voice was shot. I thought that since he hasn't toured in a few years and this was the 10th stop on the tour that his voice would be in better shape. It wasn't. But he is 81 years old long after many other singers have retired. At 81 Paul is still rocking harder than most teens. Paul 04.jpgPaul 03.jpgPaul 02.jpgPaul 01.jpg
Notice in the night shots that thousands of people are holding up cell phones videoing the show. I wonder what he is going to do when the bubble bursts.

The last two times I heard him sing on TV, his voice was shot. He is still a great musician and entertainer, but he was croaky, off-pitch. Hope both of those (separate performances) were anomalies.

The thing I am most proud of is that I cannot remember how many times I have seen Paul in concert. It is around 8 or 9 times. When I saw him at Dodger Stadium three years ago it was the last stop of a long tour and his voice was shot. I thought that since he hasn't toured in a few years and this was the 10th stop on the tour that his voice would be in better shape. It wasn't. But he is 81 years old long after many other singers have retired. At 81 Paul is still rocking harder than most teens. View attachment 154310View attachment 154311View attachment 154312View attachment 154313
Notice in the night shots that thousands of people are holding up cell phones videoing the show. I wonder what he is going to do when the bubble bursts.
I'm still struggling as a "righty", and can't imagine playing as a "lefty". But I suspect it's just like a lefty writing with a pen or pencil. I can't do that either.

Have never seen him in concert, but watched dozens of videos over the years. The most recent ones on YouTube from this year are not good. His voice has done what they all do with age. I think this will be his last tour because of that. He still plays well and has amazing energy for his age, but there is only so much you can do for the voice.

It would only be sad if any of the current crop made good music.
It seems that way to almost every generation. To the young kids today, we listen to crap. Who can say who is right?

There was a time when Elvis Presley was considered junk music by many older folks.

"Elvis Presley? I can’t see that he has any talent.” — Cab Calloway <born 1907> (The Ottawa Citizen, April 3, 1956)

" opinion was shared by most his generation’s entertainers, who considered jazz to be America’s greatest contribution to the arts."

And the Beatles were not much different:

"David Susskind, a popular talk-show host, called them “the most repulsive group of men I’ve ever seen.” "

Not much has changed, IMO.

FWIW, I cannot stand any of the junk kids listen to these days. Pure garbage . . . Just as the stuff we listen to was once considered as.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom